Thursday 17 January 2013

Inchies

Whilst we were in New Mexico last September, Hobby Lobby came up trumps with a much reduced set of 'inchies' stamps - and I also came up trumps by promptly forgetting I'd eagerly snapped up this bargain :( The clear set has 12 little 1" stamps, 8 other slightly smaller ones, one that's about 1.5" plus three little words 'bliss, dream and life'. A lorra stamps for your dollars!

Yesterday they popped up and demanded to be used, so I obliged:
I used:

- a small cream DL card

- SU 'Melon Mambo' card snippets, cream card snippets

- three square stamps from the set, which is called 'Flourishes' by Inkadinkado, stamped in different SU colours, trimmed and layered onto small square scallops of 'Melon Mambo' card

- sentiment and butterfly from the set stamped using 'Melon Mambo' onto cream card. I used a Spellbinders pennant die to cut some 'Melon Mambo' card and then laid the metal die over the stamped sentiment and lightly ran a pencil round the inside of the die as a guide to hand-snipping a smaller pennant. And if you followed that garbled description........... well done you :)) 

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. ah so right Di we get these things and promptly forget! great work!! Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card Di. What a great set of stamps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad they demanded some attention from you coz this is a lovely, fresh card. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you pretty inchie card Di. I think you may have tempted me into getting some Melon Mambo cardstock and ink!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning Di, Oh what adorable little stamps and your card is just perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card Miss! I have seen these but then cannot decide which I want....all of them!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di, I'd like a tenner for every time I've done something like that, I'd be a wealthy woman instead of a poor scrapper :))We love them, buy them and then promptly forget them which is why I try not to put new stamps away until they have been inked at least once!

    Love your card - a great use of the inchie stamps and your pennant is perfect.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very effective indeed, makes a great card. My kids decided some time ago that I had a forgetery instead of a memory. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card and such lovely stamps - what a super find!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some very pretty stamps there and love the colours, lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty inchies! Love the layout and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these inchies. Now THIS card is more like we see from Diana...BUT you know what? Both styles - very, very pretty & well executed. You could use a black background with these also, I bet and would be great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di,

    Great card using your inch stamps! My fingers are itching for some stamping action. Monday is a holiday so I'll three days off to play.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.