Tuesday 16 October 2012

Snowflakes

The challenge right now over at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Snowflakes'. I love snowflakes on Christmas cards, and in real life too - until we either get snowed in or it turns to grey, icy slush :(

So, I set to with glee the other day and made this:
I'd love to say I stamped this myself - but I ain't that clever and it's good old Penny Black Stickeroos once again.

I used:

- 6" x 6" white card stock with the edge punched using MS Aspen Snowflakes punch and a strip of purple card from the snippets folder as backing 

- more purple card from the snippets folder to back the image and sentiment

- matt silver card scattered with shiny silver snowflakes - not sure where I bought this from

- Penny Black Stickeroo image and sentiment from the 'Christmas Sparkle' sheet

- three small diamantes in the centres of the snowflakes on the image and a silver holographic peel off star on top of the tree. That's the thing that jarred when I first thought to use this image - the star was yellow and it just didn't look right, good old peel offs to the rescue

- and not a scrap of ribbon, pink or a nail head in sight :)

Shades of purple and mauve could be the new pink for me :)

And just look, Winter Wonderland's current challenge is to take inspiration from this really gorgeous photo:
I think the white tree, colour mauve and snowflakes qualify :) 

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Lovely card - another Stickeroo to lust after :) I love snow too, but only from the inside out, that is I like looking out from my cosy centrally heated haven at a pristine and white world ... don't ask me to go out in it though ... a red nose and blue lips just do not suit! Your up late again :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Elizabeth...I like looking at snow outside my window...I do not like trudging through the frozen mess to get to the communal mailbox 6 doors down.
    Several lazy people never shovel their sidewalks and it is just a mess of frozen ruts and footprints for weeks on end.
    So...I'l take my snow on your card or any pretty card instead!!! Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hoo what a great card Di, believe it or not they had spring snow up on the Northern Tablelands (at Guyra) just over the hills from here, about three hours - 18cm of snow in fact and in Oct. is very rare!! never here of course flat out having a frost..
    .. and really love your bling trees down below and trying not to be too green at the WOYWW crop news.. love Shaz.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty card Di, love the colours too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooo, pretty, pretty, pretty. I'm a bit of a snowflake nut too. Love this Di.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, the colours blend together well. Has it got a blue tone to it? Love the purple baubles too - Christmas is coming.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowlicious card here Di. Pwetty colours too! Love it.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Di - I love those shades of purple and lilac - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 94 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pristine white winter wonderland but the reality is often the icy, slushy mess when you're trying to get to work!! Another stunner Di, love those Stickeroos and such pretty colours.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great C card Di - oh and happy birthday to Len for yesterday too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always do the most magical things with PB stickers. This one is great! Love the color combo and it's a lovely card. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Di. Such a lovely card, perfect for this week's challenge at Winter Wonderland, hugs, Miria xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Diane, beautiful take on our photo inspiration, thank you for joining at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Di and brilliant for both challenges these stickeroos are so handy to use and yours always are placed with lovely papers and great layouts so lovely!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another really lovely card Di, looks really wintery and I love the colours of this stickeroo, great papers too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello again Di,

    Love this Christmas card!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have you got shares with Penny Black Mrs. You got more stickeroos than a kangaroo. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card there Honey and you tick all the right boxes with purple in there.
    Now then....where do they sell those baubles? I want them!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. OOOOO I love this card for OBVIOUS reasons...please excuse my absence, I have been busy moving house, but I am now wanting to get my mojo back so am blog hopping again for inspiration!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.