Sunday 28 October 2012

Pixies Crafty Snippets - Week 44

Crumbs, just another eight weeks and I'll have completed the year! Today's roll call will be a fairly quick scamper (39 entries too!) as I have some bags of shallots calling for attention, a basket of washed and dried laundry leering at me wanting to be ironed, plus a craft room like a bombsite!

My snippets card this week is for one of Len's great-nephews whose 11th Birthday is this coming week and I realised he was beyond cute LOTV images but perhaps not yet into sailing ships and such - dilemma! So, out came the Penny Black Stickeroos again, as well as the snippets folder:

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock with the bottom corners rounded

- snippets of orange and white card plus some patterned paper - all from the snippets folder

- Penny Black Stickeroos from the 'Pond-side Celebration' sheet

- Craftwork Cards card candi
- sentiment stamped using SU's 'Pumpkin Pie' and a stamp from Personal Impressions' 'Everyday Frog Prince' set (ha, that's a contradiction, betcha it's not every day you see a frog prince)

Roll call time now and first off the starting blocks was Darnell with a terrific 'turkey with a difference' card - do go and see, it's really comical and typical of Darnell's sense of humour :) I often almost cry with laughter reading your posts Darnell!

Next was Brenda - you know that annoying waste when you do a die cut, well Brenda cracked it by using them up and making some fabby Christmas cards. And I mean fabby - go and see what I mean, love them Brenda! 

Then Jules trotted in, faithful as ever, with a totally fabulous Christmas Reindeer card - oh boy, no wonder I pounce onto QCME magazine each month since Jules began contributing. This is a great card Jules, full of gorgeous detail as always!

Carol was next with an adorable trio of carol singing penguins, love the clean look of the card and those little chaps in their Santa hats did make me smile Carol :) Another brilliant Penny Black image - they really do produce some fabulous stamps featuring animals.

Bonnie hopped in next, waving a really clever 'Mad Scientist card' - love it Bonnie and am so glad you finally cleaned up all the slimey gloop before you brought it to the play ground for the little horrors to mess about in! Bonnie came back later in the week with a truly beautiful card, super embossing, a perfect flower and lovely lace - one of those cards that's so eye catching.

Elizabeth came to play three times this week, firstly with a brilliant and quite spooky Halloween Tag - I wonder if 'The Boss' aka Miss Bonnie Elizabeth's cat posed for it? Then we had these two Halloween cards, using leftovers from the tag, brilliant. Followed by a lovely selection of four Christmas cards, all featuring robins - our Christmas bird over here in the UK. All great stuff Elizabeth!

See, loads of Christmas cards this week - not least as it's currently Rudolph Day over at Sarn's, and it runs until later on in the week so why not join in?

Hey, I'm rattling along here - sorry the roll call is gonna be shorter but it's speeding things up immensely!

Hazel is back on form, although her record of (I think) 20 entries one week wasn't beaten and we had six visits this time. Six I can manage :) So, here's what Hazel brought to show, altered notebooks which you can see here, here and here. They're all lovely Hazel and great for fund raising or stocking fillers! Then we had a beautiful Sympathy card, and I do love the lily - it's such a lovely touch. And, as Hazel is a bit of a Christmas card Queen - we had these Christmas cards: a really happy snowman and a cheeky reindeer - both card used KanBan images which are just brilliant Hazel!

Sam hopped in four times this week - ha, I think she's just checking that I haven't gone too mad with pink paint in the tree house really :) First we had such an adorable House Mouse card, they'd been attacking some choccies, then the most fabulous Birthday card (using a favourite PB stamp and I adore the butterflies and the shape of your card Sam). Next was a terrific layout of our WOYWW crop day a couple of weeks ago now, it's brilliant Sam - apart from me being in the piccies :) and I love what you did with the homework that Julia gave us to do! And finally a Rudolph Day card, which used snippets - I love the rooftops Sam and had to stick my hands firmly in my pockets yesterday in Hobbycraft when I spotted the TH die you used.

Now, I'm gonna tell tales here - I took a few (just a few) TH bits to the crop for Sam and then made the mistake of admiring some lovely hand made earrings that Lunch Lady Jan was selling. Yup, Mr Postie arrived this week with a little packet and those earrings I so regretted not buying on the day! How sweet is that? Thank you again Sam :)

Next was Lindsey with a delightful card, white, orange and black - a terrific combination and the butterfly is such a dramatic focal point. And, I'm almost sure the speckled background was done using a SU stamp - there I was digging round for those toothbrushes I popped into the drawer the other week. Love it Lindsey!

The toothbrushes are brand new BTW, but I have a confession - I'm a kleptomaniac in hotels and on planes. Just can't resist those dinky little bottles of toiletries and on long haul flights (certainly with Thai Air) they have baskets of sealed toothbrushes and teeny tubes of toothpaste in the 'rest rooms' on planes. Sooo, I found a load of those stored away here - realised the toothpaste was foul so kept the little toothbrushes for 'paint flicking' :) I only 'acquire' freebies by the way - haven't resorted to unscrewing pictures from hotel room walls.........yet.

As always. Irene's card this week is elegant and beautifully made - a First Birthday card. It's lovely Irene, love the papers and the way you even embossed the letter 1. I expect that Oliver truly was the star of the show on his Birthday too :)

Mary H is running round now after her op. and might even be playing on the slide again soon. This week Mary brought us a really cute Halloween card, featuring a cat that really makes me smile (Penny Black again working a treat - or treat - of course). And all the detail how Mary made the card is there too. Love it Mary!

Now, here's a tale about cats, Abi and family have two cats, Penny and Misty. Penny is the bolder of the two and loves to lie on our front porch, snuggled up against the front door just watching the world go by or sleeping in a little ball. Last Sunday evening I opened the door to pop something into the wheelie bin, which was already out waiting fro the binmen on Monday morning. There was Penny who looked at me accusingly and promptly put her head back down to renew her nice little snooze. And Muggins here had to go round to one of the side gates and creep out that way to the bin rather than disturb her!!

Next to play was Sandra H and she brought us this brilliant Halloween card, with her own cat Milli posing nicely alongside :) I love those House Mouse images Sandra and the colours are perfect for Halloween! The card candi reminded me to nip out and buy some treats for our callers this coming Wednesday evening!

Linby (Lynn) loves poppies, as her blog background shows, and this week we had such a pretty card - poppies plus a lovely little poem. I love the little tag as a finishing touch Lynn - great card.

Next was Rach, with a stunning Warren the Rabbit card, I just love the image and the fabulous vibrant blues and butterfly are so perfect Rach. Love the way the plain card and the patterned backing paper are such a perfect match - my guess is that they're both from SU?

Mary Mac came to play twice this week - first with four fantastic Christmas snippets cards, all quite different and all just perfect Mary!  And then we had another Christmas card, featuring a reindeer/Rudolph with some lovely masking and a great Christmas tree in the background. I love it!

We also had two visits from Tammy - and the first one was to show us an amazing '10 minute dash' card. It's fabulous and no way could I make that in anywhere near 10 minutes Tammy! And then we had this fantastic Christmas card - inspired by a photo and absolutely divine, the turquoise and glitter are so perfect for Christmas.

ScappyMo (aka Mo or Maureen) is loads further along the road to recovery after her back operation thankfully and paid us two visits as well this week. The first was to bring this fabulous Christmas card - lovin' the rich purple Mo, and I think it turned out a great success. And that was followed by this beautiful 'gardening card' - I do love the way your banners work so well Mo, on both cards.

Then Laura hopped in to play, bringing us sets of Christmas cards all ready for a card stall - love them all Laura, they're fabulous! And, work is racing along in the new house - remember we're wanting before and after photos please Laura! As Victoria would say - we're a load of 'sticky beaks :).

I do miss Victoria's blogging and visits but her job is no doubt very time consuming - perhaps during the school holidays we might see her coming to play again?

Amanda, fresh from holiday, has been a busy girl since her return and we had three visits this week. The first one was to bring such a fresh and pretty Birthday card, I love the blues combined with Kraft card Amanda, and the image is adorable. Next was this stunning Christmas card - what a fabulous hexagon set that is (sigh, probably bought in Florida?) - and then the cutest newborn baby boy card. Love the image and it's a brilliant use of those lovely snippets Amanda!

Gilly was next, with a brilliant Christmas card - Santa in silhouette :) It's great Gilly - as I'm typing you should be at the Craft Show in Glasgow - no doubt spending just a little bit of money?! Hope you had a fun day - I did laugh about you saying you needed a 'kick up the bum' to finish your card, we've all been in that situation more often than we care to admit :)

Then Sarn arrived, I was worrying as the week went on but sure enough - in she rushed with one of those cards that's so simple in concept but sort of blows you away. Really clever Sarn and I love the play on words, to see 'Fore You', and an idea that's perfect for a golfer's card - do go and see!

Sally crept in next, worrying about Henry the giraffe causing havoc in the playground - he's just fine Sally, although there's some shovelling to be done, and I don't mean shovelling of leaves either! Anyhow, Sally's snippets card is a stunner, especially for anyone who loves their shoes. And I adore the punched black edging you used too.

And last, but not least was Jackie - who made me laugh with this comment Yoo hoo, I'm here again. I'm like the proverbial bad penny lol xx. I truly do often burst out laughing at your comments and blog postings girls, in the nicest possible way! Anyhow, Jackie brought us three fabulous Christmas cards this week - I adore the Memory Box Christmas tree die but do wonder if it's really tricky to use? All three cards are gorgeous Jackie!

Right girls, almost finished - just gonna add Mr Linky and although I cut down the roll call writing time a bit I hope I fairly covered all your lovely makes this past week.

If you wanna join in the Playground and keep using up those snippets - the Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 3rd November at noon, UK time. Mr Linky is below as usual. Next weekend is gonna be busy here so there might or might not be a roll call - will see what I can do though!

Di
x 

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)

27 comments:

  1. And a very fine roll call it was!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow hit enter before i told you that I love that card...the colours are so gorgeous and repeated in the brad and the background. You reminded me that I have some frogs printed and coloured...now...to try to dream up an idea...oh...I'll just steal yours!!!! After all it looks so good. teeehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect choice for the great-nephew, Di. Boys (and some of us) always enjoy a froggie card! It's a great one.

    Speaking of, so was your roll call this week! Being short on time myself, I liked the briefer, but just as complimentary, one. In fact, my head just now clipped that lowest branch of the tree house 'cause you inflate it every week you call roll and it's just gotten bigger and bigger ...

    Hey, some of the girls just tried to attach me to a hot air basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've put that song in my head Di - unfrogettable... that's what you are! I think you came up trumps for Len's 11 year old great nephew and all with snippets too. I always want to come and join in with the snippet playground so one of these days you'll see someone in a very new-looking uniform hovering around by the slide hoping to join in... Hope you're having a good weekend. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card for an 11 year old and I know what you mean about being in the middle of images you have! It can be just as bad for girls.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky . . . and you'd be very welcome. I'd come over, grab your hand and run over to the swings with you . . . then show you round the treehouse . . . no worries!

    DI: Fabby froggy fun there! Just right for the GN.

    Thanks for the roll call, just as good as ever. Like one of those glossy mags that they now make "handbag" size! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woohoo I got first for the first ever time! Yay :)
    Lovely roll call as ever Di, and great card! I love the bright and funky colours.
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous frog card Di, just perfect for Len's Great Nephew.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - boys of that age are so difficult to make cards for! I'e just added my card - my first time into the playground!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great roll call and that froggie card is wonderful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not sure that my previous comment posted. What I said was that it's a great snippet card. I came here earlier today and smiled through the roll call - you are a star! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome snippet card! So very cute! Love the image! Fantastic roll call!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here's my first this week...Hopefully i get a bunch finished as I found images I had coloured a long time ago...Just got to get the blasted gardening card finished first.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di

    That is one huge post .. .. lots of playmates and makes last week!!

    Love your snippet make .. .. at first glance I didn't realise it was a stickeroo. Love the sentiment too. (Oh that rhymes LOL!!!).

    Hope you have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that was some roll call. Fab card very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do like your Xmas balloons - so simple yet effective!
    Lindsey x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A really fun card Di, a great choice for your great-nephew's birthday. Phew, what a roll-call!
    Have a good week. Lynn Ax

    ReplyDelete
  18. Here I am . . . promise I haven't bought any dynamite wiv me! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whoopee! I'm in the playground and the treehouse is incredible - thank you for showing me round Sarn! By the way, I've got jacks in my pocket if anyone wants a game! Vicky x
    PS I almost didn't join in Di - I worry you're going to get Typists' Elbow with the size of this roll call! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is the coven meeting still on tonight?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Ghouls. I know you don't do Halloween over there, but some of my stamping friends like to do it up good. So here are my snippets, and there's lots of them on that spooky tree.

    Di thank you for the kind comments. Love that frog! Looks like he or she has lots of presents to open. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here I am!!. Say girls its a bit wet and spooky in the playground. Where are you all hiding? Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ok so it's not a snippet it's a wait for it
    Snappet (Ged it)!!
    Ok. Ok. I'll go and sit on the naughty step in the chook house. Been running round like a headless chicken for the past 10 days or so anyway.
    Clucks. Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Di, Brilliant response to last weeks challenge and great comments too your so kind! another great challenge and another great card for this challenge take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I hope you approve Miss!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another great week of responding to our little snippets. You are quite the writer....when will the book be coming out? :-)

    Your card is very cute...actually, un-frog-ettable...cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Di, I love that greeting, it's un-frog-ettable - couldn't resist that :))

    I've just added another snippet make - I keep using them up and still there's more in the drawer!!!

    Checked out the technique - love it and will have to invest in reinkers but I'm wondering if I could use drops from my bottles of cosmic shimmers - it might just work too. Off to experiment :)

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.