Tuesday 2 October 2012

Geisha girl

About four years ago I came across the free instructions for 'geisha girls' in a link from the lovely Kirsty Wiseman's blog - I started by making the costumes and a few cards and then the box of half done stuff got buried. Doing some sorting out here yesterday I came across the box again and made this:

 I used:

- DL white card stock

- The geisha girl was made as per Kirsty's instructions using some Japanese style origami paper that was also hidden away in the box (brilliant way to use up snippets too). The flower tucked in the geisha's hair, just behind her 'bun' which shows up in real life but I think not in the photo is just a silver rose peel off, stuck onto pearlescent pink paper and trimmed round

-  The grasses and sentiment were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the
stamps are from The English Stamp Company called 'Oriental Clear Stamps' - had them for donkey's years and this is their first outing, slap wrists! Yeah right, but there's no indication of what the wording means - for all I know it could say 'Sweet and sour prawns, chicken and beansprout stir-fry, fried rice and prawn crackers for two please'.....or the equivalent in Japanese :(

Totally rubbish lighting here means the 'writing' side of the card look as if it isn't evenly stamped - how weird is that? Also,hindsight being 20/20 vision, I now think that the grasses could have been 'grounded' at the bottom right with the sentiment at the top of the left hand side - oops, too late :(Sigh.

Edit: I just whipped up another one, with the grasses and sentiment moved a bit:
Have also worked out that it's light coming in from a window to the left that's sort of fading the writing - Autumn is on the way, might have to begin using the daylight lamp for piccies :(

That translation business reminds me of a Tuesday Tale - will be back later with it.

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    It's lovely when you have a sort out and come across something you buried ages ago isn't it.

    Your Geisha girl is lovely.

    Thanks for the link too .. .. you never know when these things are going to come in useful!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Di

    I absoloutely love your card, and what a find. So calm and serene.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Di, love the geisha girl. Did bring a smile to my lips though when you said sweet and sour prawns, there was a young guy in my office with a Chinese tattoo and we used to say it said no43 chicken fried rice lol, I am not even sure he knew what it was supposed to say. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Di, love this.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Di. I wonder what it really does say? :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very exotic Di! I love your Geisha girls - they remind me of the paper dolls I used to make with my daughter when she was little. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's GREAT!

    Very oriental and exotic.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are gorgeous Di, xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hit returned key before l finished thanks for the link l'm going to check it out, so simple yet so effective xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the real pleasures of crafting is sorting out and unearthing hidden gems like this. Your Geisha girl is lovely and I like the use of peel-offs for the flowers in her hair. Off to read your Tuesday tale now. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards Honey. I have those stamps too but haven't used them for ages. I think I bought them to do my Vietnam album so that is a while ago!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The first question that come into my mind is

    Does my bum look big in this?

    Sorry couldn't help it. Both great cards, like the pink best.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty, and actually, I liked BOTH cards. The first one has a 'very airy' feel to it, with the floating grasses. Didn't notice any unevenness on it either. Both cards are lovely. Today, I just put some white paper down on the kitchen table, by the windows with lots of light, seemed to work better with the camera. The ott lighting made the kraft cardbase look turquoise on the Museum setting. Dunno why. Table was last ditch effort. Scanner didn't like it either!!!>-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I went to download the images and realised I had done it years ago, now all I need to do is find it on my lap top! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely. HAve you tried asking Stardust what the script is?
    - http://godblessstar.blogspot.co.uk/

    Re daylight- we lose 2 hours of daylight this month-
    October 1st sunset = 1837
    31st October sunset = 1635
    (not including the clocks changing at the last weekend)
    -so we really need to appreciate each day this month! I hate the dark evenings. I could hack it being cold, that's ok, but not dark and grey :(
    I'm going to try to get out this month while I can!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well I think we can safely say you haven't ordered a sushi takeaway.
    ē”˜é…øć£ć±ć„ć‚Ø惓
    ćƒć‚­ćƒ³ćØ豆ćÆē‚’悁悂悄恗
    2ć®ćŸć‚ć«ćƒćƒ£ćƒ¼ćƒćƒ³ć‚„ć‚Ø惓ć‚Æćƒ©ćƒƒć‚«ćƒ¼ćć ć•ć„
    Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. dunno wot you have ordered mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.