Tuesday 30 October 2012

Easy peasy Christmas cards

I found this idea over on Helen's blog (It's All Fiddle Fart) three years ago, rushed out and bought the packets of puffy bauble stickers -  then just re-discovered them yesterday whilst looking for something totally different! Super fast and easy to make:
 I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- hand drawn lines and loops

- puffy bauble stickers

- sentiment from the Woodware Clear Magic stamp set - 'Christmas Bubble Tree'

- little peel off holographic stars

It's an unashamed direct copy of the ones Helen made three years ago - apart from me adding a sentiment - and this is where I got the baubles:
Yup, you might know - the Early Learning Centre for kids.  And, I'd bought three packets in their sale at £1 a packet, so I got a dozen cards rustled up in no time - yay! I doubt if they still sell them after so long, and of course they are in Mothercare shops now, but you never know!

Helen's blog is so worth visiting - she has loads of great ideas although, since the tragically sudden death of her beloved Andy in the Summer, she now only blogs once a week instead of every single day. But, all of her earlier ideas are there to browse through, so worth a visit (just check the labels on the right sidebar) - and here's hoping Helen gets her mojo back real soon.

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. What a stylish card! i simply love Helen's blog, though my heart aches for her whenever I go on it now. I'm hoping her mojo returns to give her a helping hand. She is one amazingly talented lady!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great idea! Love this...simple yet effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always manage to have the most unique, easy-sounding cards (But I bet they're not as easy as you make them out to be!). This is fabulous, and if you can output them quickly, I like even better. This brand is new to me. I need to hunt my PB stickers from years gone by, do something wonderful like you do. Hugs & TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so smart! You are also so on it to! I am so far behind with so many projects. We have just been on storm watch here.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the simplicity of your card. It's really beautiful. Must see if I can find some of those stickers too. :D Thanks for the idea! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha Di had to laugh when saw the 3-8 years - just our age huh!! at out level totally and yes love the bauble thingys too! great share, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wish l had some of those baubles Di, your card is fantastic.

    Hopped over to Helen's place, what a great blog and strong lady. TFS.

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great idea, those stickers are fab too wish I had bought some. Been following Helen's blog for a while now too, such an awful thing to happen and I miss her daily posts too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now that's the sort of card I might be able to manage - and it looks so smart and stylish too. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super Chrimbo card Di. Love it's simplicity and zing.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very nice Di and what a good idea to use those baubles so simple but so effective another brilliant card and l have checked out her blog and she is amazing with like you say lots of ideas! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great super quick card, love the puffy baubles. It's amaizing what comes in useful years down the line.
    Oh did I say thanks so much for the words to the song, lol don't know what I used to sing but some of the words were not familiar, probably sang what I thought they sounded like. Thanks again.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just brilliant! I am thinking I could do a smaller version with card candy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.