Friday 12 October 2012

A bit of bling on a Christmas Tree

I made just a couple of these cards last year - but this year I found a load of bling and pearl sets in The Range at stupid prices which just screamed to be bought and used. Health warning - series of photos coming:
Greens
Pastel pinks
Clear gems and white pearls
Bright pinks
Topaz
Pale blues
Amethyst
The bits to make these were on my desk on WOYWW- goodness gracious, there are seven here and with some duplicates I ended up with 12 in total......yay, the Christmas card box is filling up BIG time.

So simple to make if you find the 'bling' and I'm entering one, or even all, of these into this month's St. Luke's Hospice Challenge for October which is 'Simple Christmas'. A card (or cards, as you can enter more than once with different designs) which can be easily repeated. So my cards above are all one design and hopefully prove you just need to stamp a few times and then sit happily using up pearls and bling :) Sooooooooooooo therapeutic :

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock

- Woodware Clear Magic stamp set - 'Christmas Bubble Tree' - for the tree and sentiment, stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Ivy'
- trunk of tree coloured with 'Olive' Pro Marker

- a mixture of pearls and gems - from The Range- with one tiny pearl above the letter 'i' in the sentiment

One of the 'circles' on the tree is just a tad on the large size for the biggest gems I had, so I coloured it with a matching Pro Marker before fixing the gem. It shows up summick rotten in the photos but in real life you'd be hard pushed to spot it. And if you're looking that close when these arrive then you truly should be using your time to bake mince pies, wrap gifts or even crack open some Gluhwein :)

And many thanks to the girls over at St Luke's Challenge for picking my 'penguin holly gift' card last month as one of their favourites - blush.

Di
x

24 comments:

  1. I spotted the pink one on your WOYWW post Di and have to say these really are a lovely set of cards....isn't it funny how different they look by just changing the colours?
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these Di. All sooo pretty.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ho ho ho . . . blingtastic festive cards Di, and very CAS too. Superb.

    Have a great weekend.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply stunning Di, love the versatility of that stamp. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sing along now....what a difference some bling makes....24 little sparklies!
    Great stamp and doesn't it lend itself so well to blinging or liquid pearls or buttons. Like versatility!
    So then Miss.....how are you doing the Roll Call tomorrow?
    xx

    P.S. 21 hours to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love, love, love these Di, love the colours and elegant simple design. They are stunning!

    Welcome done on your win with the penguin card, no need to blush, it was a great card!

    Have a good weekend and enjoy your meet-up with all the WOYWW'ers :)

    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. really like and showed ed your brenda card very impressed

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE these!! They are the ones that I would buy in the shops!! Yum yum :)

    LLJ xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pale pinkie one is the bestie. I bought a tree stamp from Little Claire Designs this week.(Well I needed the therapy). Just a bare trunk but then it comes with 25 ickle stampies to fill the branches up with. Have a fab weekend. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di, l can't remember if l saw your WOYWW on Wednesday l've slept since then..lol they are gorgeous though and to have made so many what a great way to get your christmas list down!! good luck with the challenge/s have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this stamp but not used it yet, I just might but not this year lol.
    I love it in all colourways, couldn't pick a fav as they are all fab.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every one, every colour is so pretty but I sure agree with the poster that said each colour gives it's own look!

    Fab cards...sorry I have fallen a bit behind in comment lately...trying to catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di
    Fabulous card... I love this stamp ..... Gorgeous...
    Thanks for joining us at St.Lukes this month.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards - that is a fab stamp and I love all the colours but the green, of course, is my favourite - love green in the same way you love pink :)

    If you hadn't mentioned the promarker cover-up I would never have noticed!

    Congratulations on the St Lukes recognition - justly deserved, I'm sure.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Geat job making these CAS cards high-end with the addition of the gorgi bling! Congrats on the fave shoutout from St Luke's!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been missing for a couple of days and have just seen these and I love them! They really are beautiful - great for a batch making sesh! I would be more than chuffed to receive one!

    Hugs Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautifully decorated trees!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simply bling-tastic Di! I'm off to the range to see if there is any cheap bling left as I have a similar tree waiting for the bling treatment...
    Thanks so much for joining in our CAS Christmas Challenge.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. am loving these cards...yum yummity yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooo don't they look gorgeous all blinged up, love the CAS design :0)
    So glad you joined us again this month at St Luke's :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow and Wow again!!! These are simply sensational! I adore all the bling and the simplicity of the design. The very essence of our challenge. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this blingy tree stamp VIv, super cards and thank you for joining in our challenge over at St Lukes

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love these cards,they are so beautifully CAS yet wonderfully festive with all that bling. Jean x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.