Saturday 3 September 2011

One for all my lovely 'blogger friends'

Chirp, chirp! I have my Mrs Happy Knickers head on today :)) The Mrs Grumpy Knickers head has been consigned to the back of my wardrobe - and trust me, that wardrobe needs a darned good sort out, so right now I doubt if she could find her way out again! I hope not as it's not like me to have the blues. In keeping with not having the blues, I'm 'in the pink' instead and just made this card with you all in mind:
It all started off with the gorgeous Teddy Bear stamp that Tammy sent to me when I was bewailing the fact that I couldn't track one down. This was swiftly followed by the sentiment stamp from Sarn! How lovely and generous of both friends - such thoughtfulness is hard to thank properly. The two stamps just had to be used together of course, absolutely made for one another! 

So, I rootled through my stash and decided to use papers from a First Edition pad called 'Sweet Owl'. The lovely thing about these papers is that, not only are a lot of them 'flittered' with sparkle but quite a few of them are double sided with plain toning pinks.

The Teddy and sentiment were stamped using Versafine Vintage Sepia onto mid pink paper (just as a change from white) and I added just a touch of deeper pink to the bow and his little heart with a Pro Marker. Then layered the image onto some coffee paper from the pad. The card background came from the pad and, although it's hard to see, there's a strip of card running behind the image in paler pink with a little floral edge and the other edge punched using MS's Vintage Lace punch. Topped off with coffee coloured ribbon and a bow 'thingy' with a pink pearl brad stuck through the centre. The reason I went for the folding rather than a bow was 'cos it's single sided satin ribbon and, no matter how I tried, I kept getting the wrong side showing somewhere or other. I know there's a knack to this but I just couldn't remember - I tried the 'bunny ears method' and goodness knows what!

The pink hearts were die cut (and for these I did use a tan mat to do the embossing rather than the quick tip of running a rounded embossing tool round the edge of a circle or such) and I added a little Josy Rose silver heart-shaped nail head to the centre of each. Finally I added the flower, which jumped out of my stash crying 'Pick me, pick me!' - just like Donkey in the movie Shrek........it would have been rude not to!

So that's it - I've had my fix of crafting for today and am about to tackle some more mundane things around the house. BUT, remember, this card was made especially with every one of you lovely bloggers in mind - thank you for hopping in here!

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. Well thank you very much - that's lovely! Have spent too long blogging today so need to hop off and get something done. Have a great weekend. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Di the card is lovely i can't imagine you having Mrs Grumpy Head on you always seem so happy! anyway, the best place is the back of the wardrobe, have a lovely weekend:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw how lovely. Thanks Di. It works both ways you know :-)
    Hugs,
    A x
    ps the twins [and their mummy] have slept well and seem happier to stay where they are [so far] today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    I have just had a quick catch up on all your happenings and creations from the past few days.

    I am so pleased you are now Mrs Happy Knickers again .. .. life is too short to be anything else so try and keep the Grumpy one locked in that wardrobe LOL!!!

    Loving your little bear .. I have that stamp too .. it was the very first stamp I ever bought!!

    Love what you have done with it .. and your gorgeous papers and "specially picked" flower!!

    Have a great weekend and thank you for all the visits you have paid me whilst I was banned from blogland.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, aren't you the sweetest thing EVER, thank you! We all have a grumpy pants day every once in a while so don't you worry! Your card is just adorable Di - like you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is just lovely Di. Thank you. You have made me smile.
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card, I love all things bear related and just love this stamp. Can I ask the maker of the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Afternoon Di, Thanks so much - it's a lovely card. The wee bear is poppet and the flower is gorgeous - love the pink/brown colour combo, it's one of my favourites. I'm cooking the pickle stuffed sausage dish for supper - DH hasn't tried it yet so we'll see what he thinks. I better stop procrastingating and get back to cardmaking now ... Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amanda

    I'm trying to find out the maker of the bear stamp for you - it's unmounted so I don't know but watch this space :)

    Hope your DH likes the sausage dish Elizabeth! Blame me if he doesn't :(
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw how sweet. Makes me think of a line from the Beatles song ‘I get by with a little help from my friends.’ Aren’t our crafty friends just the very best. Always there to help us get past the rough spots. So glad you are back to your sweet cheerful witty self. Your card is adorable. That little bear would melt the coldest heart and you have surrounded him with such beautiful papers and embellishments.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! THANKS Di - what a lovely thing to do!

    So glad you are Mrs Happy Knickers again!!! LOL!

    Very sweet card . . . have a great weekend.

    Big hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, Such a Gorgeous card, and i cant ever imagine you were really that grumpy. I think the stamp was a PSX does that sound right?? if memory serves me right and was originally a wood mounted stamp. Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I could just hug that teddy, he is adorable!

    I have the same problem with single-sided satin ribbon bows, and your solution is brilliant! Thank you for the tip!

    Keep smiling!

    luv, Mags x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di. Thank you, how sweet. I am pleased you are 'in the pink' again blue def isn't your colour! I'll be looking for that stamp too as he is just the best. (Bear)hugs Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I didn't realise that your weren't happy as your past few posts have made me smile. Thank you for the really lovely card, cute image and I love the first edition papers, such good value for money too. I never want to use mine, especially the glitter one.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi ladies - in case anyone pops back here, the stamp can be found on US eBay - prices vary. Look for PSX Heart Fuzzy Bear G-1174. Amanda managed to get one from UK eBay - they do seem to pop up for sale so worth a look and just recheck now and then!

    Anyone desperate can email me and I'll stamp a few images if you wish - di_wray@hotmail.com

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.