Monday 26 September 2011

18th Birthday card

Latest news from Jo about Annie, M and the babies. Things are much brighter, so it looks as if each day is bringing an improvement, those positive vibes are still needed though my lovely friends! Link to Jo's latest update of yesterday is here.

Saturday was the 18th birthday of a neighbour. He recently passed his driving test but I made a congratulations card with a car on for that. Bit of head scratching here. I did think about a raunchy KennyK image but decided against it :) However, Matt does run discos for events at our local Community Centre and my in-house critic suggested that as a theme. He even found a few ClipArt images for me to think about! Man, is there no limit to that man's talents?!
I used:

- A5 white linen card stock

- ClipArt image with the computer produced sentiment underneath and printed onto white card 

- dark blue backing card

- backing paper from a free paper set by Kirsty Wiseman (Crafts Beautiful ages ago)

- music note peel offs from my stash, coloured with Black Pro Marker

- Josy Rose nail heads

- and Sarn came galloping to the rescue with the numbers. Recently she sent me a selection of die cut numbers etc. so I could check out the fonts for myself before launching into buying any dies and the 18 came from the Olivia numbers she'd sent - I didn't even need to colour them. Thanks Sarn - a lifesaver!!! I was so pleased the way the numbers echoed the swirls on the main image :)

I'm recovering from Ally Pally so it's going to be a quiet day ahead here.



Di
x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    Loving this!!!

    It would be perfect for my Son's DJ buddy!!

    Love the colours.

    Looking forward to seeing those Ally Pally goodies!!

    Sorry about closing the gates early again .. .. but needs must LOL!!!

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous 18th birthday card for the male of the species.

    Well done to your In-house Critic for finding that great image! Perfick!

    Brilliant numbering too, if I may say!!!! LOL!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you again Di for the update! and what a fabulous card love the music look spinning all those disc great card for a teenager:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Mum and babies are doing better, enjoy your restful day.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card, really suitable for my SIL as he fancies himself as a DJ, got all the gear, used to do disco's in the Crew Bar on the P&O cruise ships but when he got to Staff Captain they forbid it. He called himself DJ Johnny Massive.
    Bet the guy loved it, great choice by your hubby, mine has no interest whatsoever.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent card Di, I bet he going to just love it! Very creative from all those involved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unusual card for you Di!!! Love it, very 'now' as they say! Hope you enjoyed Ally Pally, I thought of you whilst I was crafting on Sunday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No unusual Karen - you know me, I'll try anything once :))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.