Saturday 24 September 2011

Gift Angel Christmas Card

It's Rudolph Day tomorrow and I'm actually a day early - rarely ever early for things, normally screeching in at the last minute :)

I've had this stamp for a while now, bought on offer from The Handy Hippo just after last Christmas. I coloured the image first and thought about the papers afterwards, not usually a good move for me :(

I stamped the image and then masked it using Woodware Magi-film, as shown here (I love that stuff!!!), before colouring the sky with TH Faded Jeans Distress Ink and a duster brush. After colouring the image with Pro Markers I then sat gawping at it for a couple of days - procrastinating (thanks Dee for using today's long word in a recent email!!) - about what to do next. Thankfully some new Christmas backing papers arrived in the post, I spotted the cute little hearts on a background of muted holly (it looked to me a bit Scandinavian) and then I was on a roll :)

At the same time a new MS PATP set arrived (Aspen Snowflakes), one I've wanted for ages - on offer at Samuel Taylor's so it would have been rude not to buy it. Fabby punch which I just used straight for the white edging strip before running it through the Cuttlebug using one of my fave embossing folders. I think it was about the first one I ever bought.

All the white, red and dark green card came out of my snippets folder so I'm entering the card into this weeks snippets challenge over at Jules'.

Jules Crafty Snippet Challenge - Week 37

I'm also entering it into:

Phindy's Place - Challenge #73 - Opposites on the Colour Wheel  - mine are red and green


I used:

- 6" x 6" white card stock

- Stampendous 'Gift Angel' stamp, coloured with Pro Markers. Almond - skin, Ruby Red and Berry Red - scarf, hat, mitts and parcel, Black - boots and parcel, Canary - parcel, Holly and Pine - coat and parcel, Ice Grey 1 - outline of image

- Hero Art little peg stamps - 'Tiny Snowflakes' set - to stamp silver snowflakes in the sky

- DecoArt Glamour Dust to add twinkle to the angel's wings, hat and the stars

- Ice Stickles 'Crystal Ice' - a blob squeezed onto paper and picked up with a soft brush to add sparkle to the snow - I never use Stickles straight from the bottle, neither of us can be trusted!

- Red card, cut using a Nesties scalloped die, behind the image and also a square behind the patterned paper - from snippets

- Patterned paper by Marianne Design - 'Merry Little Christmas' set

- Craftwork Cards Christmas sentiment

- Lacy strip of white card - punched with MS Aspen Snowflakes punch and embossed - from snippets
- Leaves punched using MS punch, flowers using X-Cut 3d punch and emboss - topped with green Josy Rose nail heads
- dark green organza bow using ribbon from my stash and the bow maker I've had for ages :)

I made two the same - am playing catch up now before panic sets in!!

Hope you have a great weekend! Ally Pally for me tomorrow :))

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Lovely christmas card Di, perfect colours as well. This stamp is so cute. And just like you I can never resist a bargain, in fact my craft room is full of them lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful christmas card and just love the stamp!! Chanelle

    Hope you have a lovely weekend and dont spend too much!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di

    What a lovely Christmas card .. .. you just knew I would love all of those scrummy hearts on your background paper!!!

    Your border punch and image is lovely too.

    Thank you for bring your make to the snippet playground this week .. .. and also for reminding me it is Rudolph Day tomorrow. I how could I have forgotten?!?!?!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, Thank you for your lovely comments you leave on my blog its always nice to receive and read them they are always appreciated, l love your christmas card beautiful colours as well. This stamp is such a cutie. And l am the same when theres a bargain to be had l'm first in the queue :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab Rudolph Day card hon!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Di, love the colours. I think that was my first ever Cuttlebug embossing folder too, has so many uses! Off to finish my Aunt's card now, fingers crossed! Enjoy Ally Pally, looking forward to seeing all the goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous snippet card Di, love the image and your new backing paper. I think we probably all own that Cuttlebug folder, it's so versatile! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card - and great tip for the masking stuff. The backing paper is gorgeous. Hope you had a great time at Ally Pally and expect to see the results of your spendathon posted sometime soon :) Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you had a great time at Ally Pally, I whisked in and out in two hours having blown the budget. Have posted my stash, Go on show us yours.
    Love the detailed instructions for your v. cute card, x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really really lovely I must admit I do like traditional Christmas colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is truly stunning! Love your colour combo and that adorable image. Thanks for joining us at Phindy`s Place. Hugs...Mona

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet, this makes a darling Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.