Thursday 8 September 2011

Introducing 'The Prancing Prickles'!

Recently I was posting on here about the fact that perhaps the hedgehogs need to get a job to pay for their food. That gave rise to some very amusing comments about Boy Bands - then I wondered, what if they were lady hedgehogs. Girl Band? OR, a dance troupe called 'The Prancing Prickles' perhaps?

I think I really do need to get out a bit more - but little cogs began to turn and I remembered a Penny Black stamp that I've had for many years. Yesterday on WOYWW I was squeaking with delight at finally cracking masking (well, almost!) using the amazing Magi-film made by Woodware. So, I played a bit and ended up with this card - it reminds me a bit of the opening scene in 'The Sound of Music':
 And the inside:
Moira commented yesterday about school reunions and our prancing antics - little did she know how close she was to the mark 'cos this card is being sent to a fellow ex-pupil who has just had a hip replacement op. You'll remember Helga (Smith at the time) as the Dancer in the school production of Peer Gynt Moira? She had a walking stick in June at our last reunion and is now sporting a brand new hip:) I went down the same route six years ago and can honestly say it gave me my life back, I felt about 20 years younger after the op. - shame they didn't throw in some work on the face at the same time :)

So, the sentiment 'Dance like no-one's watching' seemed especially appropriate! I love this PB hedgies stamp, it always makes me smile - especially the little one doing a pirouette (sneaked today's big word in there nicely!).

Oh man, I want to enter this into the current Penny Black challenge which is 'Create a Scene' (I only know this from Jules and a couple of other bloggy friends who hop in here) and have just hopped over to check the expiry date. At least one of the DT cards (especially Helen's) also uses a little hill and some sky! At the risk of being disqualified for plagiarism (second big word of the day) I'm still going to enter this card - mostly as it's a luck of the draw challenge, not the actual design and also 'cos I genuinely didn't know. Why me?! I suppose realistically there are only so many scenes you can create :(

So, here goes with the entry anyhow:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Week 167

I used:

- C6 plain white card stock
- Image - Penny Black 2361K 'Ecarte, Splits, Pirouette'
- Sentiment - Bella Stamping
- Pro Markers
- Inks - Memento Black for the image and Tsukineko  Brilliance - Pearlescent Sky Blue for the sentiment, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass for the sky
- Card for the grassy hill from my snippets
- Little flowers punched from snippets and pearly stones for the centres from my stash
Thanks for calling by and for all your lovely comments - mwah!!
Di 
x

13 comments:

  1. My new knee did the same for me Di. :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic scenic card Di. Those little hedgies are CUTE and funny! You should DEF enter it, and I wish you LUCK in getting drawn for a prize.

    I didn't realise you were old enough for a hip replacement you old crock! LOL!

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, Thank you so much for pointing out the the link back to P/B wasn't working l have now fixed it not sure what has happened there as l normally check the link so thank you!! your card is a stunner l so love this image and your sky is brilliant, gorgeous colours and just a beautiful card......good luck with the challenge:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. 'Ere Sarn - who are you calling an old crock! I'll have you know, drawing myself up to full height and putting on a prim tone of voice, I was considered very young to have the op. I put it down to all the hurdling and such at school in the days before proper warm-ups were known to be important. That sounds so much better than old age :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. For all the trouble you've had with those inks you really knocked those clouds out of the park. Beautiful! Love those hedgies and I am sure Helga will love this card.
    Boy all the stuff we know now we didn't know then. Isn't it amazing we ever got to be our age.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you did it again. I confess I wasn't sure about that grass card yesterday but it works really well!! When I clicked on your blog today those little hedgies made me smile. Good Luck with the challenge. Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, yes it did remind me of the Sound of music. The grass looks really good and the sky is brilliant. Fab card, good luck too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a fun scene di......thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww...so cute - they look like they're having so much fun! Don't worry...I'm not sure I can claim that my card was an original idea of mine! lol I get so much inspiration from blog-hopping! :0)
    Thanks for joining us at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    PS - I have candy on my blog if you're interested :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a wonderful card and so cute too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute images and fabulous colouring. Love your scene it's adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di

    Do you cross the words out in your dictionary as you use them? You could end up running out of "big words" if you do!!!!

    Loving your little scene .. I can remember seeing it on your desk on WOYWW.

    Loving the finished look - gorgeous colours!!!

    Thank you for playing along with Penny Black Saturday this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di - love your little scene and youa re quite right ... there are only so many scenic combinations of grass or snow with day or night sky lol! but your take on it is quite unique with the adorable danin' girls, the perfect snetiment to accompany it and the adorable fluffy clouds in the sky :-) Love your amusing chatty post style too. Thanks for joining in this week's Penny Black Saturday
    hugs
    pauline x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.