Sunday 18 September 2011

'If nothing ever changed......

.....there would be no butterflies'. I love that sentiment, which came with a 'pre-loved' SU butterflies stamp set. And someone who studies butterflies is known as a 'Lepidopterist'............yay, got today's big word in without any trouble!

As ever, I worked myself into a corner here yesterday and have just done some serious tidying up - and it isn't even 10am yet :) In the process of tidying I came across some backgrounds that I made using the brayer and embossing folders - the post about how I did this is here. In a flash, I just made this:

The background really did all the work - I just stamped the butterfly sentiment and added a butterfly, the body of which I blinged up a bit with self-adhesive gems from my stash - leaving the wings to stay free. The butterfly is one of a few that Lavinia sent me - they're die cut from felt-like material (possibly using a Marianne Designs die?) and are so delicate and pretty.

Another short and sweet one today :)

Di
x

11 comments:

  1. Wow this is just gorgeous and what a pretty design with such yummy colours. Chanelle xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this card Di. It's in my fave colours and the butterfly looks light enough to fly away.
    My all time fav word is carbaminohaemoglobin....see if you can beat that :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty, pretty colours and a lovely design. Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, just beautiful! l love the simplicity of your card lovely background and a gorgeous butterfly image great choice of colours too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterflytastic matey!

    Great background and super quick card! What could be better?

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. The background is really lovely, not a butterfly fan myself but it looks great on this card.
    Thanks for the tip on the cheese, may end up sneaking in the goats cheese and hope he doesn't notice.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOooo you have done the butterfly proud there Di! Really lovley card. The butterflys is from the Henbury Lane collection from Papermainia. There so pretty & delicate :)
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't you love how some cards come together so quickly? So tell us...how long did it take you to make the background when you made it? Not a bad idea though Di...play and store your work for a later date. Hmmmm, I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background was incredibly quick to make - just inking the side of an embossing folder with the indentations in using a rainbow type of inkpad and a brayer. Sandwich card in the folder and run through the Cuttlebug. The time consuming part was cleaning up after I'd finished playing :) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think we learnt this background at the craft workshop we went to didn't we Di??? Stamp is a Big and Juicy I believe, I haven't got one but it looks wonderful...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this is Stunning Di! Love the colors and of course you know I'm nuts for butterflies and this one is fantastic.
    Blessings Bernie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.