Saturday 20 August 2011

A card for a special friend

I made this card yesterday, at the last minute, for a friend's birthday which is tomorrow! Then, I lined the box I made with paper which matches another card, so this one will go into my box of ready made cards instead. Trust me - Mrs Potato Head strikes again!
The backing papers came from QVC ages ago, sentiment from Craftwork Cards (mounted onto a small die cut scalloped oval with two silver Josy Rose heart shaped nail heads) and the turquoise rose was a Boots Bargain. I found some half price hair clips in their sale last week :) After removing the clip with wire cutters the rose was going to stand too proud so on came the thinking cap. I made a ribbon ruffle from some wired ribbon I've had for ages (and forgotten about!) and removed one edge of the wiring but left the other one in to be able to gather the ribbon. With the aid of the trusty glue gun it fixed perfectly together - so, only one mistake today :))

Ahem, I've just looked at the reel of ribbon - which is luscious shades of bronze and turquoise organza. What was I thinking of - there's 50 yards of ribbon there! Phew, quite a few ruffles I think - better nip to Boots and buy up all their hair clips!

That's it for me today! Thank you for calling by :))

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. A very pretty card. I like the ruffle; it's just right. I've had a chuckle at some of your recent posts - too busy with family visitors to do any commenting though. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally net access after three days, still no email, sorry. Will have to catch up with WOYWW when I can....hit and miss still, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card....I'm sure it will be very loved by your friend.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Di, I had a bad spelling mistake in the original post :-) Honestly since I learned to communicate in German, my spelling has gone to pot! Wanted to say that the card is beautiful. Blue is my favourite colour and I love the contrasting papers. Great idea for the ribbon flower.

    Axx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, I love the colours in your card, great hair clip, i love buying primark stuff to decorate cards with. Have a great weekend tammy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Di, Lovely card and that flower is just stunning - great idea to use that gorgeous ribbon in that way. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di! You crack me up mismatching the card and box papers! Reminds me of our first Christmas. I put each kids initial in the corner of the packages as I wrapped them intending to put the tags on them later. Turns out two of my new step kids and my own son's names start with a K Oops. Made of an interesting Christmas as I was not about to unwrap all those boxes.
    That flower with the ruffle is gorgeous. Love the style and color of you card.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a lovely card Di for your friend they will love it, gorgeous colour :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Di! The aqua and white are so fresh and the flower sets it off beautifully.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really lovely card, I just love the colour.
    I must confess, tomorrow is my Daughters birthday and I made her card months ago but it is also my Nephews birthday too and at 7.30pm tonight I bought his birthday card from Tesco, well he's 28, not married, how many football or rugby cards can you do?? So Purple Ronnie stood in.
    Not sure if it will go doen well with my Sister as she is a card maker too.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow . . . lovely card and that flower sure has impact. Love blue cards too!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di

    Loving your card .. .. I have some of that ribbon too!!!

    My reel has been going for about 2 years now!! LOL!!!

    Shame about the card box mis-match .. .. but at least you have one sittiing there ready and waiting for next time.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.