Thursday 4 August 2011

A little bit of sunshine on a cloudy day

Super Sandra has recently posted some really gorgeous cards using summery oranges on her blog. Inspired, and because it was too hot to tackle the ironing yesterday (my excuse), I made a little notelet:


Hmm, with the rain here we could do with a Summer reminder I think. The top half of the card was embossed using the CB and a couple of lines embossed underneath. The flower was made from some snippets using a Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die, crumpled, tweaked about with, then pinned together with a glass brad from my stash. The brad was coloured with a Pro Marker to match some gems I found in my stash and the orange ribbon is from a load of small reels I got ages ago from QVC. A wide range of colours to choose from but not a lot on each reel - still, it often comes in useful. Tip, when wrapping ribbon round a vertical fold card, just cut a little slit in the spine to thread the ribbon through.

The little tag was stamped onto another snippet using a great little set made by ElzyBells and then tied on with a bit of string from The Ribbon Girl. I've lamented the closure of ElzyBells on here a few times - thankfully I did stock up in their closing down sale but I do miss their stamps!

Having finally tackled a few more snippets I'm entering this into:

Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge - Week 30

Right, now do I face some ironing (been too hot to do so for a few days) or go out in my little car in search of deep puddles and hunky firemen? It should be a 'no-brainer' but there's such a pile of folded laundry here I think it's gonna have to be the Domestic Goddess after all. Just have to hope there's a good film or two on TV............in between popping back in here to check what's going on in Bloggyland!!! Have a nice day whatever you're up to.

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. A nice cheerful card Di. It would brighten up anyone's day. What make is your embossing folder? I don't recognise it.
    Hope you managed the ironing and feel very good about it! I have to admit I only iron about once a month for most of the year. It means we sometimes look a bit 'crumpled' but when you are so hot, everything screws up as soon as you put it on anyway. I do iron if we are eating out etc! I am following your advice and having a go at WOYWW, a day late though! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. No contest Di.

    Forget the creasing. Do the crafting or the fireman thang.

    LOVE your cheeful orange card - it's VERY pretty.

    Hugs, Sarn xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, such kind comments. Maybe I could hi-jack a fireman and get him to do the ironing?!

    Kate, the embossing folder is a Quickutz one. My original machine was the Epic Six but I had so many problems and bits flying off it I switched to a Cuttlebug. I think the folder came with the machine originally and I've just found it here: http://www.stampeezee.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=2547

    Hope that helps? Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with the fireman ironing thing....that's the one to go with Di, no question. Not sure you would need the TV on as I think you'd probably be watching something else. Just sayin(Tehehe) Oh ya...sorry, the card is lovely. I really like the embossing and there are those lines again. Really liking the lines you've been using. Nice colours too, really pop on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with finding the firemen,
    the ironing can always wait.

    Fabulous Summer card, I love your flower and cuttling.

    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow such a clean fresh looking card. The embossing is very effective.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, your card is amazing really love the embossing its truely effective and to add the lines makes it stand out more, the orange is so vibrant like burnt orange and the texture is gorgeous too and to finish of with a ribbon just stunning:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. The embossing on white with the orange flower are a really good combination - it's a fresh look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di

    A beautiful happy card!!!

    Loving the orange and the embossing!!

    It took me a while to track down the Tattered Florals die but with the help of a blog buddy I managed it .. .. and I still love it!!!

    Quite a lovely thought going on in my head at the mo .. .. sitting back and watching a fireman doing my ironing!!! Send him round here when he has finished yours.

    Thank you for playing along again this week in the battle against the snippets.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw I say go find the firemen,
    the ironing can always wait.

    What a Fabulous card, I love your flower and embossing. It's amazing how embossed lines can make a card look so rich and elegant.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Di, what a sweet card. I love the embossing folders and I enjoy playing around with the flower dies. Your flower is beautiful! See you later! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderfully warm sunny card - it's wonderful.
    Now, I've heard of this 'ironing' before... but have no idea what it is *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmm if I had a fireman here, the last thing on my mind would be the ironing lol.
    Fabulous card. Orange is my fave colour so you just can`t go wrong...
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, the orange flower is fab.
    Like the look of the chicken dish but I don't like olives, may have a go with out them.
    My youngest Daughter called today and he had a couple of hurs to kill, she loves ironing, so seeing as how we had looked after the Grandsons last week I got her to do my ironing, it was payback time I told her. lol

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely snippet creation

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Di, hope that ironing mountain has been reduced a bit - weather here is perfect ironing weather :) Love the card - especially how you've done the embossing. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.