Tuesday 2 August 2011

New home card

My blog posting yesterday mentioned moving home and that reminded me that my little stock of ready made cards didn't include any New Home cards. Often people send you a change of address and it's a scramble to whip up a card and post it off so I usually keep some on standby.

Also, a lovely card arrived in the post from Gill who sometimes drops in here and comments.That gave me another prompt - embossing lines around cards! This is the card from Gill, isn't it gorgeous - thank you! I love the little birds - so cute:


So, out came the Eazi Score board and I did a quick make:


It's an 4.5" x 6.5" cream pearlescent card, lines scored round the edges, topped with a Core'dinations die cut oval and then a very simple image (which came from Craftwork Cards ages ago) coloured - again very simply as I doubt if there are many houses that look like this one :) - with Pro Markers.

The sentiment is a clear stamp which came free with a magazine. I had fun with this one I can tell you - my 'thinking head' was having a rest day today (it's this hot weather I reckon) and when I did a test stamp I was convinced that the stamp had been wrongly cut and was a mirror image. Silly Billy, after fiddling around on acetate thinking I could use that somehow, I realised I'd stamped it upside down on the test piece of scrap paper. A good job I'm timid of stamping straight onto cards and always do a test stamp first!

Although I used a snippet for the brown oval, I have plans for something else to enter into Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge that's a bit more taxing - once I find my 'thinking head'.

That's my 'simples' offering - I'm off to stand under a cool shower for the second time this morning if this weather continues. Shouldn't knock it though!

Di
x

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Di I am so glad that you liked my little card Like you I was haveing a bad head day, have a rotten summer cold, so was so pleased that you liked it, and thanks for showing on your blog. The new house card is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, I really like the scoring around the edge of the card too! I'm going to try that....thanks! I've done my fair share of silly things, I think everyone has. Not to worry though sometimes it's those silly things that make for some new creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, Gorgeous thank you card from Gill l love the element she has used they are so cute, and your card is stunning too! love the embossed area it just finishes the card off, Sentiement NEW HOME love size of the font its gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could take a cold shower when I felt the need....have a feeling my customers just might not come back if I greeted them in my bath towel :-)
    More fab cards by the way :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute card Di. And I too love the birds on Gill's card. I just wanted to say 'Thank you' for the promarker nibs that arrived yesterday. I shall try to send you a little sunshine soon, but please be patient as I am up to my eyes with preparations for family arriving next week, so it may be a while.Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gill's card is so sweet. Love your card as well. Isn't it amazing how a few scored lines can make a card come to life and look so elegant. Happy to know I'm not the only one who's stamped with the wrong side of the stamp. Hope it cools off a bit for you.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di

    Loving your new home card .. .. especially the little house that comes with its own heart!! LOL!!!

    The sentiment stamp looks great - not bad for a freebie!!!

    Your card from Gill is gorgeous too.

    Yesterday was warm here too .. and today looks as though it is going to be similar.

    Have a good day.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di,
    Great Card! Clever idea using the scoreboard to create embossed lines around the card. Cute house and I am sure I have the same freebie stamp too :) must give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thank you card is lovely.

    And your New Home card is sweet and simple. Brill.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.