Saturday 27 August 2011

Silver Wedding Anniversary card

This card came about after I'd inked some embossing folders with the brayer and made a few backgrounds. I was gawping at the pile whilst writing an email to Sandra of Stamping For Pleasure, wondering what to do with one embossed using silver ink, and she replied with the idea of a Silver Wedding Anniversary card - great ideas girl is our Sarn!! This is what I came up with:

And a closer look at the flowers:

This week Mr Postie arrived with a lovely card from Sandra, plus some Cuttlebug Die Cut Numbers to let me see the sizes and to help me to spend more pennies! I'd already made the sentiment so I went ahead and used it (although the die cut numbers would have been perfect) 'cos in the process of embossing I managed to damage the Rotary Cutting mat on my desk with the heat gun and felt I had to at least use the culprit. The mat now has 'humps' in it :( Serves me right for being impatient really.

I hold my hands up to blatantly pinching Sandra's great idea on the card she sent to me of using a lacy punch down one edge of a card and then backing it with contrasting card. Thanks hun!!

I used a plain square 6" x 6" white card, punched the right hand edge with  MS punch, and added a strip of silver card behind the lacy holes. The silver embossed card was layered onto more silver card, the sentiment is a Craftwork cards one, turned over, stamped with 25, embossed in silver (thereby ruining my desk mat - thank goodness the desk is fine though!!) and then edged with silver Stickles. The silver Josy Rose heart shaped nail heads had to get in on the act of course :))

I didn't have a nice enough single white flower so I raided my old stash and made up a little posy - little ribbon roses with diamantes in the centre, silky lace flowers with pearl stamens, and a fluffy white feather tucked in behind - tied with silver edged white organza ribbon.

The 'humpy mat' is driving me nuts, I've tried gently reheating it, sitting on it and even jumped up and down on it in a 'reet paddy' but to no avail :( Time to go and search on line for a replacement, maybe a glass one although I'm going to use something heatproof in future when embossing!!

Hope your Bank Holiday weekend is going well, whatever you're doing!

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. This is really, really pretty - great idea from your friend, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another of your fabulous creations Di, love the lace effect on one side and l think its great that we take idea's from other crafters l'm sure that's how we are able to make fabulous cards like this one, l like the embossed background with the pearls they look really nice also the sentiment and flowers truely gorgeous, :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect....that's what this card is....PERFECT! Very nice, beautiful. Love the flower,love the border, great use of the numbers. Di, it's just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Love it!!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is Breathtaking Di! I love the posy you created, the feather makes it so soft and delicate! Still haven't tried your embossing technique but it is lovely! Love the lacy border as well. Oooo I just love everything about this card.
    So sorry you’ve damaged your cutting mat.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is stunning! The flower, lacy border, colour design.....I love all of it,
    Duabe :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Norm says if Marcel finds and right sized PJ's can he let him know please cos his finding the nights/early mornings a tad nippy now!!! Ta ever so Norm.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. card gorgeous!! Know what you mean about your mat - mine got humps and bumps in it too - 'cos I did exactly the same - double grr!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card, just love everything about it.
    I have a humpy mat too, scrubbed it to clean and put on radiator to dry, not a good idea.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow Di that's stunning. Yep my mat got humps in it too so I gave up and got the glass board from do crafts it's fab. You can distress on it and all sorts then just wipe it clean (which doesn't always happen!!!). Thanks for the link about the Promarker storage hun I really appreciate it. Have a great weekend. Hugs Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Di . . . this card is just STUNNING! I love everything about it.

    Glad to have been of service Ma'am!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous, gorgeous card - love the embossing and if I had a silver ink pad I'd be trying it out right now! You crack me up, you do :) Hope you've found a new mat by now. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS: Check your link to Sandra - when I clicked on it took me to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooops - when I clicked on it took me to me!! Now changed, thanks Elizabeth :)) Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE that card, Di! Gorgeous. I might just have to borrow that feather idea. Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dee! Not sure if you'll hop back but I'll email anyhow! Just to say that the wispy feather idea came from Bernie. This is the link to her blog http://berniescraftcloset.blogspot.com/
    Will send you the link to her blog as well - she makes some lovely cards! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just a lovely card Di ....stunning! Always a fun stop to see what you're up to and if it's going to cost me money. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Di , another beautiful card!
    Ax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.