Thursday 25 June 2020

Sent with love

Altenew goodies are always so lovely. I've been using their 'Vibrant Spray' die cut tape a lot recently and needed to order more from Seven Hills Crafts. Ooopsie, a roll of Altenew's 4.25" wide black and white striped washi tape also fell into my basket at the same time - and here's my first play with it. I had to take the photo at an angle - the sun was streaming in here:
I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style

- piece of white card trimmed to 5.25" x 5.5" or so - just so long as there's extra width on each side, over the width of the washi tape

- then added the washi tape down the 5.25" length of the piece of card (it's called 'Gradient Lines' by Altenew) and wrapped it over the top and bottom of the piece of card

- then trimmed the sides of the resulting panel down to 4" width

- wrapped a piece of Altenew's 'Vibrant Spray' die cut tape around the panel, slightly lower than centre to allow for a sentiment. I had to hold the die cut tape in place with sellotape on the back of the panel BTW

- glued the whole panel to the card front

- added a pre-printed sentiment from the Clarity Stamps 'Clarity Christmas & Celebrations' set (so useful for speed!)

- finished!

Hey, ho - and it's another card for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #15. The 'Gradient Lines' washi tape is NBUS. I already had my pat on the back as a Random Pick - so why not come and play along too?




20 comments:

  1. Well what a super looking card. Who would know that it is washi tape. Been really hot today. Spent the day chasing the shade around the garden and The Dot spent the best part of the day in the Dealers having the Car Mot'd which it failed. Nice hefty bill as a consequence. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an enabler with a capital E, my friend! This is another gorgeous card! I immediately went and bought some of that floral sticker tape after seeing your cards made with it and a coupla other designs also fell into my cart. But, dang it, I didn't see this b/w one. I wonder if they have added more new tapes? Sigh! I'm afraid to go look, lol! Thank you for sharing again with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely card Di - the Vibrant Spray take is even more vibrant IRL (it was on the card you sent me!) and makes super cards.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the flowers.
    Hugs, Chantal S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a striking card - would you believe I've never used washi tape but maybe I could be tempted!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The floral tape and the Washi tape go SO well together . . . it's a stunner Di. Love it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOw Di, loving the drama of the black and white behind the vibrant colours of the flowers!
    Stay safe
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the floral tape that you've been using and it looks fabulous with the black washi.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow Di your card is stunning love the washi tape so effective as are the flowers simply gorgeous creative well done you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and as with previous use of their washi, it doesn't look like tape and the designs are so beautiful. I love the striking look of the black and white background to the glorious flowers...a great card Di! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pretty, bright flowers are stunning with the striped background! They make fantastic washi tape now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Di, beautifully designed and the colours in the tape are so bright and cheerful, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di this is a stunning card. I love it. Those flowers are so pretty. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Di and the flowers stand out so well against the black and white x

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh and what a gorgeous job with the new Altenew! I haven't heard of this - and will go peek to see what it is. I love the contrast of your card!
    Such a beauty- have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! stunning card, what drama. CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card, very stylish. Emmax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.