I'm all set to bake Len's Mum's 'Boiled Fruit Cake' as well as some more cheese scones this coming week. Self raising flour still isn't easy to find but I hit lucky about three weeks ago - phew.
Here's my snippets card for this fortnight - kinda cute:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of cloud patterned paper from LOTV's 'Up, Up and Away' paper pad, trimmed to 5.25" x 4" - bit of luck finding that!
- snippets of white card to make the balloons
- coloured the balloons using Pro markers
- die cut the balloons using the matching set of 'Best Balloons' dies, by Clearly Besotted
- stamped the sentiment from the 'Best Balloons' stamp set, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the Misti. I did a test stamp on a little snippet of the 'cloud' paper first, just in case it bled - but it was fine. My 'gut feeling' was that Clair 'Nocturne' would have been a step too 'juicy'
- placed the die cut balloons where I wanted them to go on the cloud paper layer and positioned the 'strings' in place, one at a time, to stamp them directly onto the paper rather than use the matching dies
- glued the cloud panel to the card front - and yes, I did check with a little snippet in case the glue showed through (OCD once again) - shame I positioned the cloud panel not quite in the centre (OCD once again)
- stuck the balloons in place on top of the 'strings' using small snippets of thin sticky pads
This was another fun card to make - the hardest part was choosing just three balloons from the ten balloon stamps in the set! It's a set that I'm sure is discontinued as, looking at Clearly Besotted's on line shop, it's a much smaller set that pops up now under the name 'Best Balloons' with just six balloons and no matching dies. It's in their sale folks if you're super-keen. I would love to know why the girls who run Clearly Besotted switch horses in the middle of a design. I have a feeling it could be connected with their decision not to sell matching dies for the time being. Which is a shame, but I was lucky and bought my stamps with the matching dies ........ before the stamp set was so reduced in options.
I was slightly stuck choosing a sentiment to be honest as a few are for new babies and it's rare I need cards for newborns. So I used 'Party time' rather than use a stamped sentiment from one of my many sets! Generally I would hunt through my other sentiments for a more suitable sentiment.
And needless to say, here's the prize for this fortnight:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 27th June. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're only playing for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
Dudley is still a little pickle - he's taken to digging in the garden and if possible will run indoors with a twig which he then merrily shreds all over the floor! He did that a few minutes ago and, now I've cleaned his mess up, butter wouldn't melt in his mouth - he's on his back on the upstairs landing with all his 'boy bits' on display. Not a care in the World. No photos for now - it's pooch porn!
Dudley is finally sending 'Stinky Monkey the Fourth' to the great monkey cloud in the sky. Basically, Monkey has been sucked and licked almost to death and one ear is now becoming loose (must chop that off ASAP). Len says he'll report me to the RSPCA ..... for cutting an ear off a toy monkey? Sheesh! Amazon literally just arrived as I'm typing with a back up replacement for the new one we'll give him shortly. Yup, we keep at least one totally spare on the back burner all the time. And so far, right from being a wee puppy, Dudley has never questioned how and why he suddenly gets a new and fresh 'Un-stinky Monkey' about every six months or so. Ha, let's hope he doesn't question why he suddenly is taken for a groom in a week's time eh?
I haven't posted off Overseas prizes as yet - but a darling friend did some 'enabling' and I hope to do so shortly. I'll pop a quick post on here when they've been safely posted.
And, as I used a new stamp and die set for the very first time, it means I can join in with Darnell's NBUS #15 challenge HERE - wahoo! You could have knocked me down with a feather duster when my snippets herringbone card popped out as her random pick last time. It did remind me of how lovely it is to be picked - even randomly. A bit like looking through a telescope from the other end when you run challenges :)
Stay safe my lovely friends.
Stay safe my lovely friends.
Lots of love from us all - Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,