My visit to hospital was a little more productive than I thought, had x-rays taken - and after those are reviewed there may or may not be a MRI scan as the next step. Watch this space folks :) But don't hold your breath either!!
As always, a huge thank you to everyone who came to play this past fortnight - loads of gorgeous entries.
This is my snippets card for the coming fortnight:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- snippet of white card stock, with the bottom die cut into a scalloped chevron using a die from the Frantic Stamper 'Chevron Edgers #2 - 130 degrees' die set, Tip, at this stage I kept the panel wider and also taller than I knew it would be at the end, allowing room for some play
- snippets of pink and SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card stock were then selected so I could match the colouring I intended to do
- stamped a cat from the Waffle Flower 'Flora Cat' stamp set onto the white panel - using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- coloured the decoration on the cat using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils
- then die cut the pink snippet using the same chevron edger dis as before and set it to one side
- stamped the words 'take care!' from the 'Flora Cat' set, using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto the 'Wisteria Wonder' snippet
- at that point I measured up the vertical centres of the panels, marked them using a soft pencil and then glued the three layers together
- only then, once the glue dried, did I trim the whole panel down to just under the size of the card front
- added the panel to the card front using a piece of white fun foam to lift it
- it looked a little bare to me, although I reckon it could have worked without more additions, but I did add a pink punched heart (SU's discontinued 'Itty Bitty Heart' punch, recently purchased from a SU pre-loved site) plus some sequins
The way I tackled the card is so much easier than trying to make everything line up to the exact dimensions as you go along - I made sure there was plenty of spare card to trim off the panel at the end of assembling it and it works a treat!
Love the chevron edger dies! The set comes with two dies, one is scalloped (the one I used) and the other one is straight stitched lines - perfect for male cards! Also, you can die cut and use the negative part of the cut as that is also designed to be used. A great set, you can use them at an offset angle of course rather then symmetrically. Oh, and of course you could use them as inverted V shapes as well! I make that eight options without even including the 'offset angle' idea. I was on a waiting list for them for absolutely ages and had almost given up hope! But, they arrived this past week and I just had to have a play of course :)
Probably don't need to spell out what this fortnight's prize is made up of do I then?
I will split the prize if necessary, am mindful that not everyone would like both parts of the prize - although I do think they go together well. I'm more of a doggy person but can still see me using my own set of these stamps quite a lot - and they would look pretty good without any colouring either! And of course, you may already have the dies or very similar as they've been around for a little while now. But, as always - both items are one complete prize if you wish to play for them as a pair.
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks from now on and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 27th May. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is both items together as a single prize, unless you really do only want to try for a 'split' - in which case I'd do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you're wanting to be in the draw then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' just in case you're playing only for fun. Thanks!
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (those fabulous dies that you all seem to love!) plus my picks from the past two weeks - as well as another lovely guest designer too!
Love from Parsnip and of course from me,