My snippets card today is linked to the prize for this coming week - but nothing I used on the card is part of the prize. Ha! Bet that makes a lot of sense - not! You'll find out the link if you read on - this is my snippets card, and once again the camera tells a big fat fib 'cos the green wood is very green IRL, sort of olive/leaf green:
- 5.75" x 3.75" white card blank (I made it this size to fit the snippets I wanted to use, rather than the other way round)
- the backing papers are snippets from LOTV's 'Heartfelt' paper pad - glued together then trimmed to size
- then stamped the image using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a Stampendous stamp called 'Heart Stack'
- using the same stamp and ink I then stamped another image onto a snippet of pale pink paper from the same LOTV paper pad
- fussy cut the hearts and glued them in place onto the image I'd stamped onto the green background part of the panel
- wrapped a snippet of pink ribbon round where the papers overlap and glued the front panel onto the card blank
- using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from SU's 'Good Greetings' hostess set I stamped the sentiment onto a little snippet of the pale pink LOTV paper and punched it out using SU's 'Word Window' punch
- punched a backing layer for the sentiment using another snippets of the darker pink paper and SU's 'Modern Label' punch
- stuck the sentiment to the backing layer then stuck it onto the card front
- finished off with a small white pearl either side of the word 'celebrate'
There are clues to this coming week's prize in this card - the word 'celebrate' is one and also 'hearts' is another. Tee, hee :)
Let's move straight onto this week's peek at the picks:
Still on the subject of Easter - I have to show you this adorable photo of (KandA) Andrea's little grand daughter/Easter Bunny:
Karen Ladd - I think it's terrific, so elegant!
As always, I could include every single entry here - so I really do urge you all to try and take a peek at the entries. Even if you don't have the time to comment - although comments really do make people so happy I'm sure.
We have one new Playmate this week:
Time now for the prize draw for the Frantic Stamper 'Thanks Word Band' die. And our winner is:
Now for this coming week's prize(s), plus a bit of an explanation first of all.
I'm sure that many if not all of you will be well aware that Jules, of 'Always with a Heart', first started this challenge off - over five years ago now.
Since then she has gone from strength to strength with her bespoke Wedding Stationery business, her gorgeous work for Quick Cards Made Easy magazine - and of course her really inspiring blog. It was such a thrill recently to hear that she won Favourite Card Designer in the 2016 British Craft Awards and, being Jules, she did a surprise giveaway on her blog a couple of weeks ago as a thank you to everyone who had left supportive comments. This was the prize, won by our very own Playmate Eve:
It's a super selection of goodies - and Jules sent a duplicate to me to offer as a Playground prize!! It's open to anyone who submits an entry this coming week. How generous is that?! I pinched the photo from Jules' blog but the goodies she sent to me are identical. So this week's prize is a real bumper one!
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 9th April. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is everything you see in the photo, and won't be split in any way - the winner takes all :) Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip! (who is restored to his usual pristine white self - phew, it took three goes through the washing machine though............just kidding!)