..........that was the verdict of my in-house critic when he spotted today's card on my desk:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- papers are all from the Echo Park 'Hello Summer' paper pad - I'm determined to finish the remaining few sheets and the snippets tucked in the back - come h*ll or high water!
- first of all I die cut the word 'Hello' using another Frantic Stamper card band die - this one is called (unsurprisingly) 'Hello', into a full sized lime green sheet of paper and trimmed the edges to just a bit less than the card blank size
- next I backed the word using a snippet of pinky-red paper from the pad and cut it to the same width as the lime green layer - after taping it in place. I'd forgotten my usual trick which is to add the backing paper first and then trim the two layers together, to ensure a perfect fit at either side. Luckily it worked anyhow :)
- then added the 'wallpaper', which again reminds me very much of a retro dress I had a lot of years ago - when retro was 'hip' and we were creating history - snort
- then glued it all to the card front
Len and I didn't know one another back in the days when retro was actually the fashion of the day first time round. Good job maybe - some of the clothes I wore would perhaps have given rise to 'And you're really going out in that?'. Hey, wait, that was my Dad's expression.
Anyone remember the very distinctive perfume called 'Pagan'? It came in a tiny little bottle in a black box with a 'warning leaflet', which basically said it would bring out the primitive in men - as well as 'don't wear it if you're only bluffing'. I made the mistake of letting my Dad see the little warning leaflet and forever afterwards, if he smelled me wearing 'Pagan', he would beat his chest and roar like a gorilla! All these years later (far too many years) I still miss his impish and often quite crazy sense of the ridiculous.
Good grief, I Googled it and you can still buy Pagan all these years later (£4.99 from Amazon)! I ordered a bottle, just for old time's sake, it arrived in double quick time and smells exactly the same :)