Time for another fortnightly challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania - and this time the theme is 'Butterflies' - one or more is fine. It was my turn to choose the theme.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
Our sponsor is Crafty Individuals and you can see the fabulous butterfly stamps they'll be giving to the winner over on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog.
This is the card I made:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank
- a snippet of teal card as a narrow 'frame', glued onto the card front
- white card stock, embossed using a Craft Concepts folder called 'Dandelion Whisper', trimmed and glued into the teal layer. First outing for the folder, which I've had for a while now
- snippets of teal card in different shades from light to dark, die cut using Frantic Stampers 'Petite Butterflies' plate
- the plate die cuts eight (3 sizes) butterflies in one go, complete with bodies which you can use singly or layer up. I think they would be great fun in really wild colours mixed like hot pink, lime and tango orange for example
- I layered some of them up and left some single, using Glossy Accents and a cocktail stick before gluing them onto the card front and flicking the wings up
A really quick and fairly CAS Cuttlebug Mania DT make from me this time but it was fun playing with the butterfly die cuts and I can see this die being used a lot more.
Sigh, it was on offer at a third off so I tried to get one as a Playground prize, no luck though - they emailed a couple of days later saying they only had one available :( More annoyingly, they did the same with a lovely Christmas die I also bought and wanted one the same for the Playground toy box. I suspect they were trying to clear out their Frantic Stampers old stock. That's a pet gripe of mine when stockists don't have real-time stock levels shown - some of the smallest sellers can do it so why not the big boys?!
Grump over, hops down from soap box.
Why not make a snippets card covering both Snippets and the Cuttlebug Mania challenge? I'll be watching with interest :)