I never seem to have enough time to play with fancy folds these days, and they certainly are my Achilles
- white card stock, die cut using the Presscut 'Step Card Cutting' die set. A tip with this die, I love it to pieces but it really does pay to use a scoring tool and some sort of score board to further score the lines produced by the die before doing any folding in order to avoid paper fibres tearing at the folds and looking a bit ragged
- the backing paper panels were die cut using the same set and a piece of fuchsia pink patterned paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Annabelle's Meadow' paper pack
- the image (complete with little butterflies) is from LOTV's (sadly discontinued) 'Cute Cottage Garden' Art Pad, trimmed well down and the corners rounded using an XCut corner rounder punch
- the sentiment stamp I used (with a Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink pad) comes from the MFT set called 'Tickled Pink' (bought primarily to go with the MFT flamingo dies but so useful for other cards as well)
- then just glued everything to the card base - it's times like this that glue really comes into its own - less chance of stuff being 'on the wonk'- used another sheet of the patterned paper, different design but toning, to line the inside of the card and also added a panel of white card with rounded corners for a message
- final touch, a couple of satin finish fuchsia pink Josy Rose nail heads at each end of the sentiment strip
Just made it in time to join in with Mrs A's challenge - I wonder what fiendish theme she's got cooked up for the next fortnight, sigh.