Edit: Apologies, I tinkered with this post and for a while the image went missing - all fixed now though!
This week's challenge over at Merry Monday is 'Getting sentimental', where the team want your entry to have the sentiment as a focal image. I went for a lovely swirly script stamp that's a real favourite of mine. Also revisited a fairly similar card I made over two years ago in cream and copper, here's the end result this time round:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank
- the embossed background was done next, using a Cuttlebug folder called 'Scrollwork'
- next I stamped the sentiment using an Inkylicious stamp called 'Merry Christmas 004' and a Delicata 'Silvery Shimmer' ink pad. I had thought about embossing the sentiment but the ink pad is so rich and radiant (their words!) that I didn't think it necessary
- trimmed the sentiment panel to fit the card front leaving a narrow border and glued it in place
- the skeleton poinsettia leaves were die cut using a die from a Marianne Creatables set (LR0156) and a snippet of silver card
- the poinsettia flower was die cut from plain white card using the three part Joanna Sheen All Occasion die called 'Small poinsettia' and then the layers were coated with clear Wink of Stella before being glued together using Glossy Accents
- glued the skeleton leaves and poinsettia flower in place on the card front, using Glossy Accents and then added a single pearl in the centre, which had been lightly coloured with a silver Pro marker
Did a little batch bake, so that's another three for the box :)