For some of us today will be tinged with sadness, 2015 has been a year to forget in lots of ways :( BUT, as a little Playground community I do know that we care very deeply about one another - and that 'virtual' hugs will be spreading all over the World between us.
Time for another 'Snippets Playground Celebration' prize - and this is my snippets card:
- 6" x 4" white card blank
- a snippet of silver holographic card, slightly smaller than the card front, glued in place
- a snippet of white card, embossed using the Darice 'Snowflake Swirl' embossing folder then trimmed to just a bit smaller than the silver layer and glued in place on top of the silver card
- another little snippet of silver holographic card plus a snippet of matt deep red mirri card, die cut using dies from the gorgeous Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Festive Collection Joy' die set. These were backed with 'Stick-It' adhesive film and I also embossed the red JOY letters using a Cuttlebug 'Dots' folder before adding the swirly and plain die cuts to the card front
- small snippet of silver holographic card, die cut using the Memory Box 'Lindeman Snowflake' die
- popped the centre cut out back into the middle of the snowflake and topped it with a red sparkly gem
I think these two (three in fact) dies really do work well together and may well do a bit of a batch run of them at some point. Must confess that the red letters JOY came out from the die looking a little bit 'embossed' and I wasn't overly keen on the look as it wasn't really very even or distinct - which is why I ran them through the Cuttlebug again using a 'dots' embossing folder. My guess is that I should have left the letters in the dies and then run them through using the tan mat - but I was working on very limited time :)
Oh, and of course you can add the flourished JOY either on top or underneath the solid letters, it looks really good either way! Possibly best on top to show off the pretty swirls - with hindsight being 20/20 vision needless to say! You can see how pretty they are in the photo below.
These are the names of the prizes today - a Creative Expressions Sue Wilson 'Festive Collection Joy' die set and a Memory Box 'Lindeman Snowflake' die.
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session using Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do have to have entered at least one snippets make to be in with a chance :) Maximum of three entries please.
Enjoy your day - then it's only 365 days to go until the next time round! :)