I bought a couple of great 'House of Zandra - Fabulous Festive Fashion' stamp sets a little while ago but always fretted about the amount of colouring/detail on them. However, over at Merry Monday #164 the current theme is 'Gettin' Funky - create a card with a funky hat on it', so out came one of those NBUS stamp sets - yay!
It's also Rudolph Day over at ScrappyMo's - where it's always anything goes. And you have until the end of the month to enter.
Plus, it's 'Merry and Bright' over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #234 - and, over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, it's always 'anything goes'.
So this card is going to play in four challenges:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- patterned backing paper from Dovecraft's 'Back to Basics Christmas - Modern' paper pack
- the image was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto a snippet of white card. I used a couple of stamps (one image and a sentiment) from the House of Zandra 'Fabulous Festive Fashion' set- if you look closely there's even a little robin perched :)
- the image was coloured using Pro Markers and Letraset Ultra Fine Tips - I sure wouldn't like to attempt using Pro Markers without those add on tips for such a detailed image
- then the image was die cut using a Spellbinders square die, mounted onto a square snippet of SU 'Real Red' card stock and adhered in the centre of the card using Collall All Purpose Glue
That brings my total number of Christmas cards made to 68. Am almost on track for the target of 12 per month, five days left to make another four :) I can see some batch work going on here!