Tuesday 30 June 2015

A sketch and two words

Managed to combine Less is More's Week 230 Sketch...........
 
I used:

- DL white card blank

- a piece of white card, embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder. To do this I needed to emboss from the top and bottom of the long piece of card, just making sure the dots lined up and taking care not to run right to the edge of the folder as this would create a line (hope that makes sense!). Trimmed the embossed piece of card down and stuck it to the front of the card blank using Collall All Purpose glue

- the image is by Hobby Art called 'Ski Bear', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink. I then did just a teeny bit of colouring using Whispers markers. I know I mention these Whispers 'Strokes' markers fairly often, they come with a 'brush tip' at one end and a very fine tip at the other (much like those 'click on' Pro Marker Ultra Fine Tips). I do use them quite often and the caddy of 36 markers sits permanently on the desk here - they aren't as blendable as Pro Markers/Copics - but are great for adding quick touches of colour to an image. The little penguin never stamps very solidly but was easy to 'tickle up' with a black Whispers marker - I swear I heard him quietly giggling as I tickled :)

- then die cut the image using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die before using a Stampendous Cling 'Snow Swirl' stamp and a silver ink pad to stamp above the bear's head :)

- the sentiment is by Woodware 'FRH003 Merry Christmas, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and die cut with a smaller Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die

- both panels were added to the card using thin sticky pads

And whilst at it, I made another two cards, exactly the same - tee, hee. So, that means I just managed to squeak in before the very end of June to reach my target of 72 cards to date (12 per month throughout the year).

Ahem, bit of halo polishing going on here right now :)

Oh, and of course I'd like to add this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for June.

Di
x

33 comments:

  1. Love this card and the fact that you have now made 72 cards Christmas cards definitely deserve that halo polishing - lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. And in two words of my own - FUN card! LOL This is super super cute Di! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute and pretty. Love the little bear and just the right amount of coloring. Great card for Christmas!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed with your ability to line up the dots. I tend to just make sure I'm using a piece that is the size of the folder.

    That image is so adorable. And I really like the snowflake swirl at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is lovely Di, another to add to your pile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reaching out with my polishing cloth, too, Di, as I'll help you! You deserve it! I've made (cough) percent of what my goal was so I won't be needing my rag over here!! I love what you did with the sketch!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. 72 cards already! Well done! Definitely halo-worthy. And with such a lovely card too. Swiss Dots was (probably like everybody else) the very first embossing folder I bought - and I STLL haven't mastered lining up those blooming dots. I think you deserve an extra polish of the halo for that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Di, love the little penguin, I can just see him thinking 'Show off' as that polar bear flies past!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fab card Di and well done on reaching your 72 card total.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an adorable card! The penguin made me smile... such a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 72 cards is VERY impressive. This is such a jolly looking polar bear and friend out enjoying the snow. Love the extra touch of snowflake at the top too.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your halo is in danger of strangling you!...Hehe.........good on you for being ahead of the game. This card is fun...love the tiny penguin in danger of being beheaded by the fast polar bear!............great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your festive ski bear card!
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh dear I only need about forty or so cards but I am nowhere near! This bear is cute Di and I love his red scarf and the silver snow swirl is just right, and the pretty Swiss Dots embossing like falling snow in the background. Perfect!! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My! This is just sooooo cute, Di

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful fun card! Love the ski bear and how you interpreted the sketch. Your design is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how wonderful this is love the CAS style design, the embossed background and the fab, fun image thank you for joining the challenge at CHNC Extra
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fabulous snowy card Di, love the cute little bear and the lovely swirly snowflake.
    72 Christmas cards already !! that's amazing . Well done.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is lovely, a fab idea for a christmas card, X

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is fabulous, totally brilliant card, great image and I love the swirly greeting.
    I take it this would not be a good time to tell you that I have made 70 Christmas cards this week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should polish your halo, Di! 72 Christmas card halfway through the year is fantastic! Love this skiing bear!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great take on the challenge and a lovely card too. 72!!!!!!! halo you need a medal!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your fun Christmas card Di and a fab challenge combo card.
    Great take on this weeks sketch and thanks as always for playing along.
    Sarah ;-)
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super fun christmas card and clever you with the embossing trick xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sweet! Great use of the sketch Di!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card, Di. It's a fab interpretation of the sketch. I would have just sat and looked at that sketch and wouldn't have come up with anything so good as this :( Love the Woodware sentiment - another great font. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Total cuteness, what a happy little polar bear and penguin! Well done on your Chrimbo card count! I didn't set a goal, I'm now beginning to wish I had as I have about.....er.....10 cards! haha
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh what a cutie Di! Fab and fun take on our sketch
    Thanks for joining us this week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that cute image, Di. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A fabulous Xmas card. You are doing so well with your total cards! I feel lazy in comparison...better get my skates on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.