Friday 12 June 2015

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge # 232 - Use some blue

I missed playing along last week over at Hazel's challenge, but went a little crazy this week and made six Christmas cards from some LOTV toppers, all featuring blue. They're so similar that I'll just show you the one - which does have the house in the middle a bit 'on the wonky side' leaning to the right. It's not me and my die cutting - it's the image itself 'cos the church roof is straight, but I like the quirkiness:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- half an A6 card (to get the perfect match for the shade of white), run through the Cuttlebug using the Darice 'Snowflake Background' folder then trimmed down a little before being glued onto the card front

- the image is from a set by LOTV that I've had for ages. I just couldn't visualise them on a card as squares with rounded corners (as they come) - light bulb moment, I die cut them using MFT's 'Rounded Banner' die. Just a case of jiggling the die around a bit on each image to get the best of the scene

- the silver 'banner' sentiment is ancient, from a load I bought when Lakeland Limited still sold a few card supplies

In-house critic likes the crisp clean look - result! And of course it pushed me closer to the target of making 12 Christmas cards a month. So far am keeping up - huff, puff :)

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. What a sweet scene. I think your of die for the main image is spot on -- it looks like you're looking out a church window.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go making 6 Christmas cards. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tis beautiful Di! I'm especially fond of the wavy sentiment panel in black! Eye catching, and beautiful, and would you like to make my Christmas cards for me this year? I'm lagging waaaaay behind! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great card Di - I love LOTV topper for making quick cards!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card
    have a lovely weekend
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may need that 12 a month challenge. I very much like this cool, clean holiday card, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty LOTV scene Di and adore the rounded banner shape. The WOW embossed snowflake layer and the sweet embossed sentiment work beautifully too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and of course you could have had the houses straight and the church spire crooked! Love it as it is though. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely pretty card Di, I love the LOTV image and the shape you cut it with. Well done for keeping up with your CC target, I am way behind with mine,
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting (wow! six cards!) for CHNC challenge 232 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Six! Wow! You are on a roll...
    This is so sweet. I like the wonky look of it...really fun and sweet.

    The curved opening looks fab and loving that EF you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is quirky like when you use a bubble lens... wide angle thingy. Anyway, it is very cute and I like the shape you die cut with, like peeking out a window in Bethlehem.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.