Here's my snippets make for this week:
- 6" x 6" square cream card blank
- the Stamps Away 'Patchwork Template Set One'. I'd seen Elizabeth using this set here and immediately sent away for it - this is the first play and I totally LOVE it!
- a snippet of red card, SU's 'Cherry Cobbler' I think
- snippets from DCWV's fabulous 'Mariposa' stack for the corners and I broke into a fresh sheet for the centre :( The corners have faux stitching (added using the fine end of a red Whispers pen) just so I can go and play over at Mrs A's Butterfly challenge where the theme this fortnight is of course one or more butterflies and to use real or faux stitching
- I then fussy cut another big butterfly to sit over the slightly chopped off one (ack, from ANOTHER whole sheet!) and the little butterfly did at least come from the original whole sheet I'd used. But, thinking about it, I've been treasuring this stack and using it very sparingly like a right little miser for years now - time to get in there and use it!
- the sentiment is from the 'Friendship Ticket Sentiments' set by Whimsy Stamps, inked using Memento 'Espresso Truffle' and then fussy cut. I do have the matching ticket die but it's much faster by hand :)
- Josy Rose nail heads in a couple of the corners
So this snippets card is for Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - why not join in as well?
Onto the week's picks:
Once again, every single snippets entry was terrific - there are sooooo many ideas. I can't urge you strongly enough to take time to check out what your playmates have been up to - I learn so much every single week.
Right, now for the winner of last week's two Penny Black stamps:
Well done Sue! I think you'll have some good fun playing with these stamps :) Can you please drop me an email with your snail mail address (email@example.com) - I thought I still had it but searching has proved fruitless :(
And this week's prize is perfect for 'snippets busting' - so many shapes and sizes to play with:
Yes, it's that fabulous Stamps Away Patchwork Template set, just like the one I used today. Although I used papers from one pack you could mix and match to your heart's content, the possibilities are endless :) And, I'd thought you'd have to wield a craft knife - not so, just draw round the apertures and hand cut, easy peasy!
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 22nd March and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a great week - Spring is in the air here, at long last.
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)