There's a new challenge for March over at Technique Time Tuesday, the technique was chosen by our very own Karen P and there's also a video to show you how. Couldn't wait to have a play and this is what I made:
This is a (blurry) close-up so you can see the delicate sparklesI used:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- the background was done using a Kanban stamp (looks a bit like those lacy stockings/tights from many years ago), stamped in Memento 'Elderberry' onto a piece of white card and set aside
- the foreground was made by using a piece of acetate, same size as the background, black Stayzon ink pad and foliage from SU's 'Just Believe' stamp set plus a butterfly from SU's 'Bloomin' Marvellous' set
- the 'trickery' is to then turn the acetate over (blot it or make sure it's dry first), scribble Glossy Accents or similar all over the back, splodge some re-inker here and there (I used Time Holtz 'Tumbled Glass') and then sprinkle all over with sparkle - Cosmic Shimmer 'Diamond Sprinkles' was my weapon of choice
- the next step is to press a piece of white tissue paper over the back of the acetate and the Glossy Accents should make it stick and I think it should also seep through a bit so you can then adhere it to the card background you stamped and set aside. Stick? Not likely! I suspect I'm working too slow but no way was I gonna give up so I just covered the back of the acetate with a piece of clear double sided adhesive sheet, peeled the other side off, stuck it to the backing and it worked brilliantly
- trimmed the image and popped it onto turquoise and elderberry coloured snippets of card - phew, that was the topper all ready at least!
- then I did some 1st and 2nd generation stamping around the white card blank with a little set of leaves from the SU 'Bloomin' Marvellous' set, using Memento 'Elderberry' ink again
- little strip of spotty turquoise ribbon across the card, topped with a bow and a black button with some embroidery thread knotted through the holes
- sentiment used a stamp from the SU 'Just Believe' set and 2nd generation Memento 'Elderberry' ink
- two SU punches ('Word Window' for the sentiment and 'Modern Label' plus a snippet of elderberry card
Little tip, I used the bow maker for the bow and when it was sat on the strip of ribbon it wasn't going to look right so I just tied a little piece of thread round the strip of ribbon to pinch it in right where the bow would be stuck.
Oh, you might wonder why not just go straight to the double sided sticky - the scribbled Glossy Accents does disperse the sparkle when you apply it rather than a solid coating - pretty too.
Then I went and had a lie down before clearing everything away!