So, I made a Christmas card, two the same in fact:
- 7" x 7" square white card stock, not as big as 8" square but a nice size to play with
- backing card is SU 'Real Red' from the snippets folder
- then I raided lots of green snippets and die cut quite a few leaves using a die set I've been itching to use. It's made by Dee's Distinctively and is called 'Wreath Builder'. There are four different leaves and it's such fun to use. To position the die cut leaves in a circle I just centred a circle die on the back of the card front and ran an embossing tool round it - gives a good guideline without having to use a pencil. I also did add some fern like fronds, punched with such a stiff punch I had to balance on it with my heel and then wave the other leg in the air like a ballerina complete with arms outstretched to get enough 'oomph' (ie. weight if you really wanna know). It worked and the punch survived - got this tip from Hettie (Sam)!
- added a few red and white pearls here and there as berries
- little satin hand tied bow at the top, stuck on with ultra strong very narrow DST as I'd have cried if glue had seeped through
- and the sentiment, which I actually stamped before assembling the wreath, was stamped using one of my 'always go to' stamps by Funstamps called 'Small Merry Christmas' and SU 'Real Red'. Have used this stamp so much over the many years since buying it - it sure doesn't owe me a bean!
So, that was my snippets card for this week - and it's also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August.
Right, now for my picks of the week - gosh you girls make this so difficult!
Irene made six small Christmas cards, each one different and, as always, perfection.
Our 'Mum to be' Victoria scrapped her little bean's scan photos - aw. I hear that there's a queue in the Playground to be first to babysit baby when he or she arrives:)Isn't this little hedgie card adorable? Made by Lynn - love how the snippets and the image colouring match perfectly.
The draw next, for the 'Water's Edge' stamp and the Marianne die set, which was won by:
Well done Lynn, can you please let me have your snail mail address and the stamp and dies will be on their way to you ASAP. Grin, you already know my email address- and it's great we solved the linking problems. Way to go - hope you have fun with your prize!
Plus, I'm adding a Christmas sentiments stamp set by Daisy and Dandelion called ''Christmas Wishes'.
The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 31st August. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of the die set and stamps this week as shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
I promise to do that grab button ASAP for the Playground BTW!
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)