Here's my snippets card for this week - I stumbled across the digi image called 'Sassy Sally is Just Hanging Around', goodness know who or what led me there but it was a must to buy. I only have a handful of digi images but this little rascal really touched a little piece of my heart.......I wonder what she reminds me of, and WHO?! Snigger.
- 7" x 5" white card stock
- digi image by Sassy Cheryl called 'Sassy Cheryl Is Just Hanging Around'. Coloured with Pro Markers, chosen to try and pick out the colours in the snippets I'd sorted out for the background papers. Once the image was coloured I realised some sky would be useful (always after the event here!) so out came TH 'Tumbled Glass' ink pad, clouds template I made myself and a mini duster brush. Found those little duster brushes at Newbury and Mrs A and I shared them - they're so cute and great for small areas especially if you're like me and suffer from hindsight syndrome. Wish I'd bought more for the Playground toy box :( Poor little sausage though, she really must be swinging from a very tall tree
- snippets of SU's 'Daffodil Yellow' card to mat the image onto and also as the main backing on the card
- the patterned snippets were tucked inside the original pad so I can tell you they're from Echo Park's 'Hello Summer' paper pad. Mostly, if possible, I keep patterned snippets with the original pads/packs. Partly so I know the name but mostly because there's generally another full sheet which would go with the snippets if needed. But these were all little snippets - 'honest injun, spit on my hand and turn round three times'
- there's 'no show without Punch' so out came the ribbon snippets box and I found some bright pink organza and made a bow
- the sentiment was computer generated and then die cut with an XCut die from the brilliant 'Speech Bubbles' set then layered onto a snippet of 'Daffodil Yellow', cut in the usual way by drawing round the outside of the die and fussy cutting. I dithered over the die set having seen that Penny Black also have a set of these dies out on the market - but XCut won in the end. There are some 'Thoughts' bubbles plus 'double' speech dies so it's a very versatile set
That's my snippets card for today, complete with ribbon as is almost always the case!
Onto this week's picks, and it's been sooooo difficult. Every single snippets make is lovely - you gals are really so talented.
I have to stop now, time is marching on and there are a million and one things to do today (Saturday as I type) - but do please check out all the lovely things your playmates have made here.
We do have a new playmate so will you please welcome Fiona (Flossbite Crafts). Hope you come back and play with us regularly Fiona!
So, first of all the draw for the two sets of stamps, kindly donated by Sandra H. That took a few goes as lots of you already are snowed under with un-used stamps:
Next the draw for the 'Raindrops' stamp, kindly donated by Ryn Tanaka. I numbered the 19 qualifying entries and used the random number thingy:
And don't be despondent girls, I have yet a different and equally brilliant Ryn stamp up my sleeve in a week or two. You're gonna love it!
And what's the prize for this coming week huh? Guessed yet?
Crumbs, I almost forgot - we have a Playground Mascot, courtesy of Sam :) After throwing her teddy into the Playground when the gates were closed the other week and me confiscating it - she decided that perhaps I needed a teddy for the Playground :) Here he/she is complete with such sweet bunting made by Sam:
The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 17th August. Maximum of three entries (I do check!) and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of the 'Speech Bubble' die set shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.