Enough about May Day - although I'm a little bit surprised that no-one has erected a May Pole in the Playground and sent Parsnip like a monkey up to the top to fasten the ribbons in place - rather than do it the easy way when it's lying on the ground of course.
My snippets card today is really CAS and was great fun to make:
- 4" x 5.75"white card blank
- another piece of white card for the front, with rows of chevrons die cut down either side using MFT's 'Peek-a-boo Chevrons' die. I did this in two stages, die cut the left hand side using one long chevrons die first of all
- then calculated roughly how I wanted the right hand side chevrons to be placed before stamping the sentiment using a Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and a stamp from Kaisercraft's 'True Friendship' set
- die cut the right hand side chevrons using a mix of the smaller dies in the set
- backed the panel with medium weight double sided adhesive sheet so that the sticky was behind the open cuts waiting for the infill die cuts
- using snippets of black, purple and orange I die cut just three long rows of chevrons and stuck them into the front panel die cuts - really therapeutic I found
- took a chance and peeled off just a little bit of the sticky backing paper along the top of the panel so I could line it up nicely on the card front. Usually I use glue as my eyes certainly don't see things straight and invariably things end up wonky. But, just having a little bit of the backing sticky exposed allowed me to carefully line up the top of the panel centrally and also the right distance from the top of the card. Once happy I just pressed it into place and peeled off the rest of the backing, smoothing it onto the card as I went - worked a treat!
I've had the chevron dies for ages and been mulling over how to best use them. I didn't think that flowers or a swirly sentiment would look quite right with the crispness of the chevrons - then I came across the lovely Kaisercraft set of sentiments.
Let's move straight onto this week's 'peek at the picks', and it's a quick canter as I'm typing this in between household chores and the possibility of more of the dreaded ironing. I just emptied the basket the other day and another load hopped in when I turned my back!
Sadly you're too late to enter this months challenge but I do recommend that you get ready for next month over at Mo's (25th to the end of the month, always anything goes so long as it's Christmas). Watch out here for a die set the same as Liz used - it will be on offer at some point in the future. I need help, I just can't help myself :(
Ha! Would that teatime in the Playground was conducted with as much decorum :)
We have one new Playmate this week, and what a sweetie she is. We were her very first challenge entry after about five years blogging!
Hope to see you playing along with us again Theresa - do beware of bad influences though, I already discovered that you've been invited to 'partake of some refreshments' by at least one scallywag! And I don't mean tea and scones either, sigh.
Now for the prize draw, for the set of four Cuttlebug 'Coolio' embossing folders and the Memory Box 'Woodland Branch' die. And the winner is:
And this coming week's prize is made up of a couple of items, the same as I used for my snippets card:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 7th May. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either the die or the sentiments stamps, just say so in your comment and if you win then I'll do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Hope you have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing you in the Playground.
Di and, of course, Parsnip (a 'Pickle' as one sweet commenter said last week!)