Friday 20 May 2016

Happy birthday- one of a kind

Shame on me, just over four months ago I coloured and die cut a load of Tim Holtz 'Bird Crazy' critters with matching accessories. Used one set for a card, popped the remaining sets into individual cellophane bags and promptly forgot all about them until I was searching for something else the other day.

This is a card I made as the result of my 'find':
I used:

- 4" x 6" white card blank, tent style

- black card from the snippets folder as the first layer, then topped that with a trimmed down piece of DP from MME's 'Sunshine' paper pad - using Collall All Purpose glue

- stamped the sentiments using a Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and the NBUS Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings' set, snipped them apart and ran a black Whispers marker round the edges. I like this set a lot, tons of useful everyday sentiments in a typewriter font that you can mix and match

- to add the hat to the bird I just snipped from the bottom of the hat up to the front edge of the brim and then trimmed away enough from the back and the brim so that the hat would sit nicely over the Crazy Bird's head. Poor thing, I had to snip his little crest from the top of his head :)

- fiddled around working out where things should go before then gluing them in place using Collall glue

- then added Glossy Accents to the bird's eyes 

Job done! The still to be used birdies are staying within my line of sight now :)

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. I just love those birds and cats from TH, and this one is super fun! I need to have a play with mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun card. Love it!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card Di - those birds are such fun!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fab card Di, the glossy accents eyes are brilliant! I still have the birds on my wish list....xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. great design..love the expression on his face!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really fun card. Love the stripy background xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Crazy Birds are so cute Di and I love the striped background you have used. A great card! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute crazy birds card Di. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Di, I love those Crazy Birds and you just reminded me I have a couple inked up somewhere. I like the way you added Glossy Accents to his eyes xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo what a super man's card and that stripey paper is just great too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your crazy bird! I made one at a retreat and will post on my blog just in case anyone else wants to see it. Totally love that you shared this card. I am doing the HAPPY TO BE ON THE PLAYGROUND dance right now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card!! Really perfect for men!
    I always cut a lot of shapes and put them in cellophane bags :D I found this useful

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really fun card Di. He's my favourite of them birds. I like your striped background. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. TeeHee! That happens here too. These CB's always make me laugh, and this one is quite the gent in his straw boater. Love him perched with the prezzie against the yellow & white stripes. Cute way to do the sentiment as well! Great fun card. TFS & Hugs. (hugs to Mr. P as well..maybe one of these days I'll sneak back in the Playground! ya never know).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't get enough of the birds or the cats! Sure hope they come out with dogs! n He is very dapper in his straw hat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's exactly what I do and the find them eons later! Great sentiment with him. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card, Di. I'm glad I'm not the only one who colours images, packs them away and forgets about them for ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. About time to use those birds - I still love them and never ever get tired of seeing them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is obvious that half of the people online talking about having the blank atm card are not real as i have tried getting this with all seriousness from several companies and i have paid my money to them without me getting the card and it was so frustrating until i came in contact with davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com who just in 2 days after i applied with them and submitted my details i card was delivered to me and its effectiveness was just as i read about it. I am using this medium to spread the good news and direct those who are serious about getting this card to the right company. Seek no further but contact davidbenjaminltd@outlook.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.