Tuesday 17 May 2016

A little 'batch bake'

In an effort to keep on top of the target I set myself (make 12 Christmas cards per month) it was time to resort to a little bit of 'batch baking' so I made a run of four cards exactly the same:
I used:

- 4" x 6" white card blank, tent style

- a slightly smaller piece of white card, embossed using a Crafts-Too folder called 'Poinsettia Frame'

- next I made up the little row of trees and set them aside. I used pink card and the Memory Box 'Pine Border Background' die as well as Stick-It backed silver card with the Memory Box 'Pine Border Outline' die for the trees

- was then able to use the die cut row of trees to work out just where the sentiment should be positioned - so far, so good

- I wanted to use a particular sentiment (from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set) to fill in the top right hand corner of the poinsettia embossed panel and as it was a run of four cards the Misti was going to be invaluable. But, choosing the ink to stamp the sentiment was a nightmare!

- I tried, Delicata silver ink pad (too juicy for the small font and the centres of the letters sort of merged), VersaMark with silver embossing powder (same problems), Memento 'London Fog' ink pad (the grey looked too blue) - then finally SU's 'Smoky Slate'. That worked fine and I didn't push my luck by attempting to clear emboss the sentiment - give up whilst you're finally ahead! On hindsight, perhaps a different sentiment stamp might have been much easier :)

- then I glued the panel to the card front and added the made up row of trees (using Collall glue in a Woodware fine tipped bottle)

- final touch, a shiny silver Josy Rose star shaped nail head on top of the tallest tree

I know I keep banging on about it, but the fine tipped bottles are fantastic - wish I'd bought them sooner.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 281 'Colour - pink'

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge for May 'Anything Goes'

Happy Little Stampers May - 'Anything Goes with Dies'

Di
x

25 comments:

  1. A lovely card Di - I like the EB folder it's the perfect frame for your trees.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card Di..the trees are really clever.Your batch baking is giving you a wonderful selection of Christmas cards.The sun's up and shining again today...enjoy;0) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I could make that many a month in readiness Di I wold avoid the November rush. But I know it will be the same as most years, this month we start of Christmas for TV and by the time it comes to my own I am well and truly fed up with them.

    Perhaps I should take your lead and made some elegant CAS ones like yours as it is a lovely card and design.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di, a gorgeous card love the CAS, texture, colours and metallic elements you used, I thought the star was attached to the die looks wonderful, have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great Christmas card design, CAS but with plenty of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this festive make Di. Pretty embossing folder too!

    Batch baking with the Misti is a bonus too.

    I had bought a pack of 3 WW fine tip bottles and the first 2 were rubbish & didn't last long. In fact, they were SOOO rubbish that I couldn't be bothered to put glue in the third one, and the pins went rusty! So I'm very glad to hear you're having better luck with yours.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bottles are great so far. Might dig out stainless steel bobble topped pins and use those instead although no sign of rust so far. Maybe they improved the design? xx

      Delete
  7. Been there, done that with juicy pads and sentiments... I find Stazon's best a lot of the time. Such a pity they don't have enough colour options to choose from, though.
    Big thumbs up for your contemporary card batch. I love seeing all of your different Christmas card ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Di...and a great way of using the centre of the embossing folder.It's also reassuring to know that its not only me that struggles to get things perfect...as for Christmas!!...can't bear to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Di and a perfect design for a batch make. Love that MB tree die and it looks great against the embossed background xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable card, love this embossing background! Just a fabulous design with the tiny pink trees and the gold!!! Love your make, so sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really pretty Di. I love the little pink trees. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, love the embossing folder. I did giggle about your ink troubles, I thought it was just me that had that problem. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty pink Christmas Trees! Wonderful card, Di! If you need some stimulus to make Christmas cards you should play along at the MUSE Christmas Vision challenge - we could use some more entries :) and I would love to see your creations over there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought there was some cake! Pretty Christmas cards though and I love the colours you used, perfect for the masses Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent design for mass production! Thanks for sharing this with us at CHNC Extra! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di! So happy to see your card in the gallery at Happy Little Stampers...really love the pink with the gold.Thanks for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the pink with gold trim. The embossing makes for one beautiful card, and mass producing them is a great idea - once you settle on the perfect ink! NJ

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely simple and elegant card Di. The pink and gold go really well together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. PRetty little pink trees! Love this simple card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Christmas CAS card Di, I love the embossing folder, one I've not seen before!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow 12 a month, you must send a lot of Christmas cards!
    Love the embossed frame and the sentiment works great!
    Thanks for joining in over at HLS. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I adore these stylised trees Di and the pretty poinsettia frame embossing suits them beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  24. These are really sweet Christmas cards. I like your trademark pink touch!!! I always think of you now whenever I see pink...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.