Tuesday 31 May 2016

Aperture and apricot card

Apricot card stock is rare as hens' teeth here but I found a paper pad with apricot/peach papers in so went with those, and came up with this (it was such a sunny day when I took the photo that the colours look paler than they are in real life):

I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card blank

- covered the front of the card with a slightly trimmed sheet from Wild Rose Studio's 'Peach Blossom' paper pack and then die cut the centre aperture using a Spellbinders round Nestie

- using the same sized round die plus a compatible scalloped round Nestie die cut the pale green scrolled patterned frame to go around the aperture and glued it in place

- added a script patterned sheet of paper from the same paper pad to the inside of the card

- then stamped the sentiment onto a scrolled patterned sheet of paper from the same paper pack using a VersaFine ink pad and an Inkylicious stamp called 'Thank You Calligraphy'

-  die cut the sentiment panel using the same plain round die as before and glued it in place behind the aperture. Easiest way to do this is to close the card front then apply the circle through the die cut hole to ensure it sits perfectly behind the aperture

- cut another pale green scrolled patterned frame to go around the circle and glued it in place, to echo the front of the card

- die cut a plain cream butterfly using a solid Memory Box butterfly die called 'Isabella', then topped it with a lacy cream matching butterfly which was cut using Memory Box's 'Pippi' die (using snippet backed with Stick It adhesive sheet)

- then die cut two 'Pippi' butterflies from snippets of Stick It backed leftover apricot and green paper and then inlaid pieces into the butterfly  (that was my moment of crafting madness as it took ages, I really should have listened to what Lindsey said about her using the same technique on a card I featured in the Playground the other week). You live and learn :)

- layered the butterfly's body twice to add dimension and then stuck that in place before adding the butterfly to the edge of the aperture

For what I thought would be a quick card, this took much longer than I thought - but it was good fun to make!

Di 
x

22 comments:

  1. That's so pretty Di, I love the colour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant. I don't think I will EVER have the patience to do inlaid die work, even on a far simpler shape!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. The work was worth it, Di! This is very lovely and I love the vintage feel of the papers!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card - these are the papers that I had earmarked for my card! A beautiful butterfly too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely card Di and such soft and delicate shades and Butterfly, perfect for the current challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So delicate and pretty - fits the brief to a 'T'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card Di..worth the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely card Di. That paper is really pretty. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di this is so gorgeous. I love that paper pad you found. Do you have a bottomless pit or suminck. Lots of patience needed here for all the die cutting and gluing but so worth every minute. Card will be entered twice into the draw.
    I see your hotmail. Have they mucked around with your account too. First they chucked me out and it took 3 goes to get em to reinstate my account. Then I could only see me emails and couldn't reply or send any noooo wuns. Now today I have a new version and can't find nuffinck. Why oh why can't they leave things alone. It it an't broke dun fix it. I'm all of a diver and need a drinkie. Hugs me or it could be her. Who knows!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such soft and pretty colours Di and the inlay technique is fiddly but well worth it as the end result is beautiful. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely card Di. the inlaid butterfly looks gorgeous, so your hard work and patience paid off.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The time spent will surely bring great smiles o the receiver. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beauty! Love the soft and harmonic pastel color scheme. And the time you spend on making this card sure guaranteed a fabulous outcome...I love it.

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card Di . I love the delicate background and the sentiment looks wonderful inside the aperture :) X

    ReplyDelete
  15. So lovely and delicate card! Love the papers and the sweet butterfly on the scallop frame, you have made a great use of snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, so pretty and elegant, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a stunning card, I had a difficult time with this challenge of Mrs. A's and yours is just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a gloriously pretty card! Thank you for the instructions of how you did the aperture so perfectly! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so gorgeous Di. Love those pretty papers and super design. Know what you mean about the apricot paper - when Mrs A told me I thought 'no problem' until I actually started searching through the cupboard!!

    As for my aches and pains - reckon it could be to do with the tablets I take for the osteoporosis. These quacks do like to make us rattle with loads of pills, don't they! xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful delicate card, definitely worth the effort. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a pretty card Di, thanks for the details on how you made the aperture.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  22. So soft and pretty! When is peach color really apricot? When you say it is! Works for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.