Wednesday 1 June 2016

Tell your story

Back to the Crazy Birds here, keeping my promise to use them as they're already coloured, die cut and ready to go. This is the card I made:
I used:

- 6" x 6" cream card blank

- black card as the first layer, then topped that with a trimmed down piece of DP from MME's 'Blush' paper pad with the caged bird as part of the design - using Collall All Purpose glue

- stamped the sentiments using a Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and the Tim Holtz 'Simple Sayings' set, snipped them apart and ran a black Whispers marker round the edges. I picked the words 'cos I think the Crazy Bird is looking longingly at the birdie in the cage with a view to adding a new friend to his circle :)

- fiddled around working out where things should go before then gluing them in place using Collall glue

- I added Glossy Accents to the eye after this photo was taken but saw little point in retaking another shot :)

I wonder if the caged birdie will 'sing like a canary' and spill the beans! 

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. Fab card Di I keep promising to get myself those stamps Lol! huggles Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the birds Di, I would never have thought to combine them like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - I love the patterned paper with the crazy bird.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and these are such fun birds Di, I really do need them I think, been saying that for months.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this birdie!!! Great card..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card Di....great design.Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Morning Di, what a great idea combining these two. "singing like a canary" made me laugh. It's a super card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card, that crazy bird is just fab! Love the words and I hope he made a new friend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These Crazy Birds are so cute Di and I love the bp with the caged bird and the words you have used seem very apt as he does look quite curious about that bird ..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't these birds addicting.... the cats are just as bad. Hope they come out with dogs! Love your card, Di. Great way to use that designer paper with the decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say . . . that's ALMOST a mixed media card you have there Di . . . watch out, you'll be getting your stencils and Gesso out next! LOL!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am soooo determined not to get them birds or the cats come to that!! I will just love your ones instead. This card is great. I can just imagine you with the Gesso. What an idea. Shall I sit on Sarn for you ! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a creative work!! Your scene is fabulous with this sentiment!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "So.... what are you in for?" Hee hee! Great card. I just love them birds!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've stamped mine, but that's as far as I've got., love your colouring of him. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card and I love the crazy bird!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love those crazy birds and I like what you've done with this one! I love that he's looking up to the small bird cage - what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The crazy birds are great fun, didn't realise you could get them ready to go. I'm very tempted by the stamps but have resisted so far!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.