Anyhow, wanting to use certain things for the DT card, which were also duplicated in the toy box and lined up as prizes, I decided that maybe I could get away with the one card posted twice - and in fact not all of you visit the blog other than to play in the Playground so maybe you didn't spot it earlier in the week :)
So, here it is again:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- olive green card cut slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place
- snippet of white card, embossed using a Crafts-Too 'Lattice' embossing folder, trimmed slightly smaller than the green layer and glued in place. I just love this embossing folder, it always adds a touch of elegance
- snippet of white card onto which I stamped the sentiment using SU's 'Mossy Meadow' ink and an Inkylicious sentiment stamp called 'Wonderful Day'
- then, using the largest die from the Spellbinders 'Floral Ovals' set, die cut the sentiment panel then glued it in place on the card front. Tip, it's always much easier to stamp a sentiment first and then die cut it
- the fuchsia leaves and flowers were all die cut using olive green, pink and purple snippets of card stock and Joanna Sheen's 'Fuchsia' dies set, then assembled onto the die cut oval above the stamped sentiment. This was the most fiddly part of the card, but great fun to do
- there was a gap underneath the sentiment which looked a bit out of balance so I added a row of three fuchsia pink pearls
- final touch, a double layered sparkly 3D butterfly, in fuchsia pink with a touch of purple
I was totally thrilled to see that this card was selected to be in the Allsorts Challenge Top 5! I can so understand how delighted folk are when they're a weekly pick - the draw prizes are lovely to win but it's such fun to have your work personally selected isn't it :)
So let's move swiftly onto this week's peek at the picks:
That reminds me, it's Rudolph Days over at ScrappyMo's right now - until 30th June. I'll be playing on Tuesday and it would be lovely if you could join in as well.
Now for the prize draw, for the three Paper Smooches sentiments stamp sets, kindly donated by Tara of Seven Hills Crafts. And the winner is:
This coming week's prize is firmly connected to my snippets card, as I already said - although I haven't gone so far as to include a set of the Spellbinders 'Floral Oval' dies:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 2nd July. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for one or two of the items making up this week's prize, just say so in your comment and if you win then I'll do a further draw for the other item(s). Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and, of course, Parsnip