Time for Rudolph Days over at ScrappyMo's - it runs until the end of the month remember!
I needed to play catch up with my Christmas card numbers so opted for ultra-CAS this month:
- 4.25" x 4.75" white card blank, tent style - made to measure around the red mat and topper :)
- a red mat just slightly smaller than the card front, cut from SU's 'Real Red' card stock, glued onto the card front
- I found the snowmen panel already embossed, languishing in a box of Christmas bits and bobs here. I know the embossing folder used was Crafts-Too's 'Snowmen' and it was just a case of trimming off the excess surround
- rootled around to find a suitable sentiment of a size to fit in between the embossed stars and also using a quite funky font. Success! I stamped 'Be jolly' using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from Paper Smooches 'Christmas Sampler' sentiments set
- then it was just a matter of gluing the embossed panel in place and resisting the urge to add any colour or sparkle to the snowmen lest I ruin it!
I found four of these ready-embossed snowmen panels, which was a stroke of luck, so I made four identical cards of course. I think I embossed the little chaps when on a Cuttlebug play day at Art of Crafts, years ago! I certainly don't have the embossing folder here so either took the opportunity to use the shop's own goodies which were out for us to play with, or subsequently gave the folder away.
I'd like to enter this card into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge (Anything Goes or Cute this week), and also Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for May (always Anything Goes).