The image on my snippets card today is cute, cute, cute - using one of my very favourite Penny Black mouse stamps:
- 5" x 7" white card blank
- snippet of white card, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and Penny Black's 'gifts for you' stamp
- previously I've always coloured the daisy edges pink but fancied using mauve/purple so I picked out snippets of SU's 'Perfect Plum card stock and matched them to a daisy patterned snippet of paper tucked inside the back of a Daisy and Dandelion 'Picnic Patch' paper pad
- only then did I colour the image to match, using Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and Sansodor blending solution. Then added a tickle of Wink of Stella to the bee's wings and the flower head/petals
- die cut the image using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' and backed it with a slightly larger plain rectangle of SU's 'Perfect Plum'
- the sentiment was stamped onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a sentiment by Inkylicious called 'Some Moments' which I thought went so well with the sweet image
- then I punched a snippet strip of SU's 'Perfect Plum' card along both edges using Martha Stewart's 'Daisy Dot' punch, making sure the pattern lined up top and bottom
- trimmed the sentiment strip to size then trimmed the sides off the purple puncheddaisy edged strip and stuck them together
- used another snippet of 'Perfect Plum' to back the panel of the daisy paper I chose first off
- then I just stuck everything in place using Collall glue
My recent little win over at The Craft Barn means I finally have some Woodware Ultra Fine Tipped glue applicators. I've decanted some Glossy Accents into one and Collall glue into another - LOVE them. Although you have to take great care to store them upright as am sure the pin which you use to 'seal' the opening at the tip could easily pop out.
I'd like to enter this card into this month's Penny Black and More challenge for May - where it's 'Anything Goes'.
Let's move straight onto this week's 'peek at the picks':
Jules has been such a busy bee this past week, carrying out her resolution to blog a card each day - with a different theme for each day of the week as well. Loads of great ideas over there so I do suggest you take a good peek :)
Just six picks this week, mostly as the sun is shining in the Playground and it seems a good day to soak up a few rays out there. As always though, I really recommend that you try to peek at a few entries on last week's Mr Linky - there's always a ton of inspiration there!
Now for the prize draw, for the set of MFT Chevron dies and the Kaisercraft 'True Friendship' stamps set. And the winner is:
Congratulations! Tina first joined us in the Playground in November last year and this is her first win :) Can you please email me your address Tina (address is on my right hand side bar) - and I'll post your prize off to you this week.
This coming week's prize is made up of a couple of items, the same as I used for my snippets card:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 14th May. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either of the stamps, just say so in your comment and if you win then I'll do a further draw for the other item. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Hope you have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing you in the Playground.
Di and, of course, Parsnip