- A6 white card blank, tent style
- a piece of DP from BoBunny's 'Barefoot and Bliss' paper pad
- the orange card had been coloured (much too heavily!) with Brushos and then sprayed with Perfect Pearls 'Heirloom Gold'. I just ran it through the Cuttlebug using SU's 'Honeycomb' embossing folder and snipped a few outer hexagons away
- the small turquoise hexagons came from another snippet of Brusho'ed card, again run through the Cuttlebug using the 'Honeycomb' folder and this time I just snipped out half a dozen of the hexagons to stick here and there on top of the embossed orange piece of card
- also held a turquoise piece back when doing the embossing and just die cut that with a solid Memory Box butterfly die called 'Isabella', then topped it with a lacy white matching butterfly which was cut using Memory Box's 'Pippi' die
- finally popped three little turquoise gems onto the butterfly's body
Snigger, Len saw this and said 'If that's a honeycomb, shouldn't the insect really be a bee?'. Good point!
I need to knuckle down again with the Brushos and get the 'teensy little sprinkle' technique worked on too :(
Righty-ho - onto this week's picks:
Oh gosh, that's four picks and there are still so many others I could show - but not enough time I'm afraid. Although - just feast your eyes on this final card:
Moving swiftly onto the draw for the 'Flowering Spring' embossing folder - the winner is:
And, totally unrelated to my snippets card, here's the prize for this coming week - kindly donated by Eve:
I haven't mentioned our own little Playground hedgie recently. He tailed off on his visits to feed about five weeks ago now - and then he quit calling altogether. Until the weather warms up a bit more we don't know if he went into a very late semi-hibernation or what. And we daren't check the hedgie shelter just in case he's fast asleep in there. It's a case of 'watch this space' for now.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'Yes please' (or similar) in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Di and of course, Parsnip!