Tuesday 24 March 2015

Less is More - Week 216 - CASE a DT card

Interesting challenge this week over at Less is More - the DT have each produced a card and you need to choose one to CASE. They're all great starting points so I pondered for a while and finally plumped for Anne's card - which is this one:
 
I love the doodling around the card edge, meeting up with such a cute image. So that's the bit I really followed, plus I added a sentiment above the image although Anne's is part of the stamp she used. I skipped the bakers twine though - and this is my CASE:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- Penny Black's 'Easter Bonnet', stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink

- then stamped the sentiment (Penny Black's 'Think Spring') using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink again

- and next did the doodling round the edge. Me not totally daft, didn't want to risk spending time colouring the image and then wrecking it at the 'last knockings' :)

- finally, coloured the cheeky little chick using Whispers markers

Thanks again for the inspiration ladies! I don't really send Easter cards out but I think this little lady could well be making her way up the M1 to my step-mum!

Am also entering this into the current Penny Black Saturday Challenge for March - 'Spring Blooms'. As well as the current Uniko Studio Challenge #19, which is Anything Goes.

Di
x

23 comments:

  1. That chick is super cute. I love her hat. Great CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one sweet chick . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! Love that little chick and your fab doodling... great tip there! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Di, & it would qualify for our challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge http://pennybfriendssaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/2015/03/penny-black-saturday-challenge-march.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Di, your young chickie in her Easter bonnet could not be more stinkin' cute if she tried! You did a phenomenal job of CASEing Anne's cute card! I like it w/o the twine and, of course, adore the doodled frame! You were inspired to work it into her feet (claws? talons?) the way you did! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely make, Di, such a cute image.

    I CASed the same card and skipped the twine too - isn't it odd? I thought the twine looked great on Anne's make though, just didn't use it myself!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous chick Di your card is simply gorgeous as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fun and superb take on Anne's card Di, love that cheeky chick.
    You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio as it’s anything goes.
    Thanks for playing along at LIM. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GREAT CASED card Di and certainly very Spring like!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved this Di so cute made me smile huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word Di, what a gorgeous chick!! A brilliant CASE and the doodling is perfect xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOh! thrilled to see your cute card over in the Uniko Studio gallery too Di.
    Many thanks Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cute image Di and fabulous doodling round the edge. A super case of Anne's card. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brilliant take on the card Di and a really super cute image.
    I was thinking Spring but we had a huge downpour of Hailstones today !!! Just out of the blue, it had been a lovely sunny start to the morning.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great CASEd CAS card! That's what this world needs more of--doodling!!! I used to do this wavy around the edge border thing a lot.... never think of it now. I was just eyeing this chick stamp myself... need some spring cards made. Maybe I'll CASE your CASE... and we'll get stuck in some space-time continuum thing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is an adorable CASE'd card Di! I love that cute chick with her bonnet. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great take on Anne's card Di, this is such fun!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. What an adorable card....such a cute, cute image...great take on the card, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Di what a cutie and love your take on my card - the borders are fun to do like that aren't they!
    Thanks so much for your entry
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super sweet card - cute image. Love take on Anne's card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Uniko Studio.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for joining our March Spring Challenge at Penny Black Saturday Challenge! I do hope you will join our new April challenge tomorrow!

    Aww..so cute. I remember when I was in first grade I made a fancy Easter Bonnet to wear and felt so special! Brought back fun memories with your sweet card!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.