Tuesday 17 March 2015

Cuttlebug Mania - Freeze Frame

We have another fun challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania this fortnight, called 'Freeze Frame'. This time you have to use or make a frame, basically any shape with the middle removed to make a frame. Loads of scope there ladies! Just so long as you use a manual die cutting/embossing machine that's fine, and also do remember to say which embossing, die cutting products you used.

Our sponsor this fortnight is Digi Scrap Kits- and the artwork over there is fabulous!

So this is the card I made, using my trusty Cuttlebug:
I used:

- A6 white card blank - tent style

- a layer of SU 'Smoky Slate' card stock, topped with a layer of white card stock which had been embossed using a Couture Creations 'Compassionate' embossing folder

- to make the 'Smoky Slate' oval frame I first die cut it using a Spellbinders 'Big Scalloped Oval' die (I love the gentle curve on this set of scalloped dies) and then I die cut the centre out using a plain oval die.

- too funny though, having so carefully made the scalloped frame with two dies I realised that the sentiment needed to be stamped onto plain, non-embossed card, sigh. So, after stamping it onto plain card, I die cut it using the plain oval die. But, my frame truly is a freestanding frame - I promise! The sentiment is a discontinued SU one from their 'Sincere Salutations' set, stamped using Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink

- then added the foliage - Cheery Lynn 'Mini Fanciful Flourish' die and a snippet of green card stock

- the flowers were stamped using SU's 'Petite Petals' stamps and SU pink inks in 'Pink Pirouette', 'Pretty in Pink' and 'Regal Rose' then punched with the matching 'Petite Petals' punch. I just gently curved the petals a bit and added the flowers to the card using small pieces of thin sticky pads

- finishing touch, a Mei Flower pearl in the centre of each flower

Now it's your turn to play, as I said before, there's loads of scope!

Di 
x

26 comments:

  1. A lovely card Di, such pretty colours. Thanks for comments on my first entry into the Cuttlebug challenge and you're right - I will enjoy this challenge!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo pretty and very feminine Di. Love this little embossed and embellished beauty.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Di and the flowers are lovely so elegantly presented x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wowee Di this is so completely stunning!!! I super duper love it!!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely frame you have created Di, and a very pretty card. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgous card Di. Love the softness of the colours and fabulous dies xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty Di..............I love the pink and grey together!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Di, such a thoughtful and caring card. I love the clusters of flowers and soft pastel colors! Thanks for telling me about this challenge - it may become a habit for me now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty - like that embossed background and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great embossing Di - lovely card! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! Love these die cuts! Great embossing too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Di and the grey scalloped frame stands out wonderfully against that pretty white embossed background, and then the added flowers and swirls embellish the frame and sentiment perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Diane, love the flowers and swirls!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful, Di! I love it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a pretty card Di, I love it. The pink and grey colour combo looks fabulous on the embossed white background.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Di, love the frame and the flowers and it looks like a new embossing folder to me, nice and subtle but very noticeable.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Now that is lovely, Di! You have really inspired me with the embossed frame and those beautifully done flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such an elegant card Di, I love the scalloped oval frame and your flower cluster with the vines looks so pretty. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  19. A stunning card, Di!! I am usually surprised at how well the challenges "play" into my hands, but I had lousy timing with this new Cuttlebug challenge! I did a card with FOUR frames on it JUST before this one went live! One of these days ... Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is beautiful. The pearls in the center of your flowers make them stand out so prettily.

    The frame looks great and I love your choice fo foliage swirls with it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really pretty card Di.Love the soft colours.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your delicate colouring.
    I've been a bit AWOL with crafting (sickness, new job - boo) but have been getting back into it now. Thank you for the link-up to Cuttlebug Mania. I've put in my first entry. :-)))))))) XXXX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.