Wednesday 18 March 2015

CHNC Challenge 220 - use some black

The latest challenge over at Hazel's Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is to 'use some black'. After a little ponder my eye fell upon my 'Sarntangles' set of stamps, still sitting here on my desk as they're too nice to put away :) And this is the card I ended up making:
I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blank

- a frame of SU's 'Real Red' card stock

-a square of white card stock, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the limited edition 'Sarntangles' stamp set, a few sets are still available from Sarn over HERE, but once they're gone, they're gone.

- coloured parts of the image with a red Whispers pen as well as a gold pen

- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Real Red' ink and a stamp from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set

- final touch (idea unashamedly pinched from Sarn!!), a few hematite black pearls here and there

I loved making these so much, the images stamp perfectly every time - so I made three, all the same :) Tee, hee - should I earmark one to send to Sarn this coming Christmas?

And I'd also like to enter this card into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for March - where it's always 'anything goes'.

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Fab stamp and I love how you've added the pearls. Beautiful Christmas card.... and you've made 35 already this year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bold Christmas card Di love the little black pearls!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is wonderful and as usual, your art is beautifully done. Good to be back hopping again. Missed your wonders!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Di, and I love them Sarntangle stamps. The pearls add such a nice touch to this card and I love that sentiment as well, such a cool font because it looks l like someone printed it. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definetly got the eye appeal. Those black peals just finish the card off. Nice one. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning! The black pearls are the crowning touch.
    .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, and such an awesome stamp! ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card Di, and Sarn's stamp looks wonderful as Christmas decorations.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Di. The Sarntangle stamps are so versatile. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wahooo . . . LOVE this card!!!!!! Festive, cool and CAS too. Thanks for the plug my friend.

    PS: Ear mark away! Would love to have it.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea to use a Sarntangle stamp for this Christmas card, especially as the sentiment is a carol and there are musical notes in the tangle. I love the way the red sentiment is matched with the background layer too which brings it all together, and how prettily placed are the black pearls embellishing the tangle and either side of the sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super xmas card, that Sarntangle looks so festive and I like the added pearls xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my gosh! These Sarntangles make the perfect Christmas card. I had to laugh at the "some black" like that is a hard thing, but apparently to a lot of people it is. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty Di l just love your Sarntangles love the colours and the red backing behind the white card simply gorgeous as always x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great use of Sarn's stamps and love the addition of the pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I recognized Sarn's stamps right away, and you've done a great job of utilizing them for your card(s). Love those pearl accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I thought "Sarntangle' as soon as I saw this...How excellently you've used this fun image, love those traditional colors. Very CAS & like the little extra dress up of pearls too. TFS & HUgs

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous card - love the black/red/gold colour combination and those black pearls too. You're making me feel a tad guilty/lazy ... that stamp set is sitting on my desk, so far it remains un-inked :( Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous Christmas card, such a lovely CAS design.
    Thank you for joining us at CHNC Challenge Extra.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.