Tuesday 10 March 2015

Cuttlebug Mania is 2!

It's two years since the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge was launched and, to celebrate the event, Jannie has added a little extra challenge this week. Make something using a manual die cutting/embossing machine and also incorporate the number 2 on what you make. At first I was stumped as I don't actually know many two year olds - then inspiration struck:
I used:

- white DL card blank

- a slightly smaller backing of turquoise card stock

- a smaller again piece of white card stock, which I die cut using the Memory Box 'Wild Blooms' die and then backed with a little piece of adhesive sheet so that the apertures were then backed with a film of sticky before adhering it to the card front

- using the 'Wild Blooms' die, I then cut the stems and then the bloom heads from snippets of green and pearlescent turquoise card stock. Then, very carefully and trying not to mix the little pieces up, I popped them into the apertures. Little tip here, if you try this 'inlay technique' with a die that cuts a lot of small pieces - do try to keep the pieces held in the die as you work. Then you have a fighting chance of knowing where each piece fits :)

- the sentiment is actually one I found online, just resized then printed so I could punch it using my SU 1 3/8 inch circle punch and then pop it onto a SU 1 3/4 inch scalloped circle. punched from more of the pearlescent turquoise snippet

- final touch, a few green and turquoise 'sequins', die cut using the Die-Namics (MFT) 'Sequins' die set

So there you have it, my offering for Cuttlebug Mania's 2nd Birthday. Why not come and play as well?

Di
x

28 comments:

  1. very simple looking but all the same very stunning and very clever thinking
    Jacki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this - such gorgeous colours. I've not seen this die before, but it's going straight on my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Di, love the colours you have chosen and what a great use of 2!! Hope all is well in the playground xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, beautiful card
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello di

    Your card is absolutely brillitnat, I love it.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful inlay technique card Di. Clever you for incorporating the number 2 in your card without it relating to a toddler's birthday! Top marks for ingenuity.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous card Di and what a great idea to incorporate the 2 in your greeting - well done!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. In one word....beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  9. The die made for a gorgeous inlay! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Di, beautiful flower die - had to read twice to understand about the inlay, but got there in the end :) The greeting to incorporate the number two is inspired! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely genius Di!! I would never have thought of that!!
    Now I might have to pinch that idea as I have just had a delivery of a rather special Die - you are going to love it me thinks!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. BTW your card is beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You made me laugh out loud with your light bulb moment of inspiration for using '2' on your card Di, and I love the inlay technique you use - such a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card Di! I am loving that die and it looks so fabulous inlaid. I love the look you get from doing that. Your cleverness won out and you have the perfect sentient with the number 2 in it for the challenge! Love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card, love it!!! I'm enjoying being on the Cuttlebug Mania DT with you!!! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi Di
    itsbeen a while since i popped into the playground .....
    life ....you know..clever with the card.. i did make a cardtoday using my big shotbut couldnt add anumber as it was a sympathy card.... not appropriate really.
    have fun
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Di so effective x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is fabulous Di, really, really super card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the gorgeous fresh colours in this beautiful card. The inlay technique looks great I really must have a go at it soon.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A gorgeous CAS card, Di, in my fave colors! I was going to play, but I just noticed the bit about the number 2. Maybe next time! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a pretty card Di and the inlaid blooms are excellent, such a lovely MB die too, and I love that blue. Also a great way to incorporate the number two. x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di this is a fantastic card I love how you managed to get the number 2 into the design. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a brilliant way to get a #2 into your card. Love the inlaid look of your card! It reminds me of.... some sort of dish pattern I've seen somewhere. That's me full of detailed and useful information!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very clever use of 2!! I love that die, though I haven´t used mine much yet. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so pretty with the blue peeking through!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful Di, love the inlays x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.