It's two years since the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge was launched and, to celebrate the event, Jannie has added a little extra challenge this week. Make something using a manual die cutting/embossing machine and also incorporate the number 2 on what you make. At first I was stumped as I don't actually know many two year olds - then inspiration struck:
- white DL card blank
- a slightly smaller backing of turquoise card stock
- a smaller again piece of white card stock, which I die cut using the Memory Box 'Wild Blooms' die and then backed with a little piece of adhesive sheet so that the apertures were then backed with a film of sticky before adhering it to the card front
- using the 'Wild Blooms' die, I then cut the stems and then the bloom heads from snippets of green and pearlescent turquoise card stock. Then, very carefully and trying not to mix the little pieces up, I popped them into the apertures. Little tip here, if you try this 'inlay technique' with a die that cuts a lot of small pieces - do try to keep the pieces held in the die as you work. Then you have a fighting chance of knowing where each piece fits :)
- the sentiment is actually one I found online, just resized then printed so I could punch it using my SU 1 3/8 inch circle punch and then pop it onto a SU 1 3/4 inch scalloped circle. punched from more of the pearlescent turquoise snippet
- final touch, a few green and turquoise 'sequins', die cut using the Die-Namics (MFT) 'Sequins' die set
So there you have it, my offering for Cuttlebug Mania's 2nd Birthday. Why not come and play as well?