Wednesday 4 March 2015

Silver Wedding Anniversary

I do love making cards on request, even though Len will be the first to say that I stress myself out wanting them to be just perfect.

This card was made for a friend's husband, they celebrated their Silver Wedding Anniversary yesterday. And of course, as you probably know, I fret even more over making cards for men! Anyhow, I'm glad to say that Kim was delighted with the resulting card for Graham, her husband:
I used:

- 6" x 6" white scalloped edge card blank (by Craftwork Cards)

- a pre-coloured topper by LOTV, based on their adorable stamp called 'Love Boat' - chosen by Kim when we were planing the basics 'cos she usually buys cards with animals on :). I trimmed it a teensy bit and re-rounded the corners before adding it to a backing of silver mirri card - also with rounded corners

- the number 25 was die cut from a snippet of silver mirri card using a Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' die

- silver mirri card from the snippets folder for the main backing on the card front

- a white layer of card, embossed using a Quickutz 'Diamonds and Dots' folder. This was slightly 'tricky-woo' 'cos it's just an A6 folder and I had to emboss in two passes to create a square - thankfully the pattern repetition, along with the depth of the impression, makes it quite easy to line up  and sort of 'lock into' the embossed design to emboss further down the piece of card for the second pass. The trick is never to actually go over the edge of folder at the point where your patterns will join - have an overlap that allows you to stop short of the folder edge whilst still achieving the additional embossing. Ha! Bet that was clear as mud!!

- Kim had chosen the words, which I produced on the printer, trimmed to size and then layered onto a backing of silver card stock

So, although it took me almost the whole of an afternoon to make, it's a very clean looking card and not a flower in sight - just right for a chap I hope.

Di
x

22 comments:

  1. Such a sweet anniversary card Di :) lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cute image with all of the silver edges and the big silver 25! Great anniversary card for your gentleman friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fussing sure paid off, Di--this is absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly adorable. No wonder Kim was pleased with it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card and thanks for the tip about lining up the embossing - something I need to practice!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous chap card Di!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Di! I think we all worry over men's cards but they are actually usually a lot easier pleased than women and just like nice simple designs!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Di. The white and silver go so well. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhhh! 25 years ey! That is a looooong time these days!! As I well know!
    Lovely card. I do love that embossing folder. I feel your pain...I am not keen on making cards by request yet alone for men!
    Great job though.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh what a little cutie. Glad both Kim and Graham liked the card very much and I really like the CAS design too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a cute image and a really pretty card Di andyour friend must have been over the moonwith this! I love the diamonds and dots ef and if I can't get the tied together one I may well look for this instead. I have been looking but have only seen the TT ef in the A4 size and would prefer the smaller one. Will keep looking for a while anyway. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di this is a gorgeous card the image is so cute. Making cards for men is difficult. You have done a brilliant job. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely design, that#s a cute image
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so lovely Di l can see why Kim loved it ....its really so beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful anniversary card Di and that is an adorable topper xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your card is just perfect Di - it would cost big bucks in a shop.
    Personally I hate making cards to order as they never seem to go well.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful anniversary card , I love the cute image and lovely embossing and it all looks so classy with the silver edges.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an absolutely fabulous card, great image for a male and embossing folder hero-sexual and lots of lovely silver.
    Like you I do like getting asked to make cards but I don't like some of the things I am asked to put on the card, `i feel like saying "who do you think I am ... Hallmark"
    Hope you are having a good week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. No need to stress. You´ve done a wonderful job with this card. It´s such a cute image and the embossed backing with the silver mats set it off perfectly. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm sure your friend was delighted with the card you made. It's gorgeous! I know what you mean about making cards friends have requested...... they stress me out too.x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Di - I also get myself in a state when asked to make for friends... some of mine are really picky!!!! LOL xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a perfect card Di, crisp embossing and fabby image, all the silver details make it very special and perfect for a male. I too get the shakes when making cards at request, but you shouldn't, I'm sure they loved the card!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.