Friday 20 March 2015

Another new home card

It's a bit late as I lost the recipient's new address, but the thought is very much there!

And so weird, I picked out a house stamp and set to making this card - only to discover I'd coloured it exactly the same as a previous card, with a red front door and also die cut using the same die set. But, the hearts coming out of the chimney are a new idea as is the sentiment ('Welcome to your new home' is just a tad too late!).
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank

- white backing layer, embossed using a Darice 'Argyle' embossing folder

- image stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and a Stamposaurus Stamp called 'Town House - small'. The image was coloured with Pro Markers and Whispers markers and then die cut using a 'Stitched Rectangle' die by Lil'inkers, then I added the three little hearts as smoke from the chimney using a teensy heart stamp from Lawn Fawn's 'Bee Mine' stamp set and SU 'Real Red' ink pad

- SU 'Real Red' card stock for the 'frame' for the image, also die cut using a 'Stitched Rectangles' die

- sentiment is LOTV from their 'General Greetings - small' set, stamped using a Brilliance 'Coffee Bean' ink pad


The three hearts are quite significant as this card will be winging it's way to a lovely young couple and their baby daughter.

The other day I got rather excited (once again to be honest!) over the Fiskars 'Compact Stamp Press' - and a few of you kindly commented and emailed me. I did subsequently find it on Amazon, shipped from the USA, but it's also in stock at Oyster Stamps (UK) for £9.99 and free p and p!! I think that's quite a bargain price, it arrived on Wednesday and am already totally in love with it :) Isn't it strange, I keep thinking that there can't be anything new left to play with in the manual tools line, and then along comes another surprise!

Snigger, the biggest surprise of all could be when the walls of this craft room suddenly explode outwards, due to the amount of schtuff in here.

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. This is very sweet! I love the three hearts from the chimney...

    You will love your stamp positioner. I have one and since I unpacked it (and had never used it before) I have watched some youtube videos. I am going to try it this weekend...makes multiple stamping look like a piece of cake!l

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super new home card Di, love the idea of the hearts representing the household, what a thoughtful touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card Di, love that the hearts have a meaning. I bought my stamp press a year ago and I wonder how I ever managed without it, of course I now need the MISTI as well lol. Hugs, Amanda X

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Di - the hearts are a great idea and look fab!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Love the bold red frame and embossed background!
    Houses always look good with red front door :) and the hearts from the chimney are such a sweet touch I love them!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea having the hearts coming out of the chimney. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely card Di. I especially like the chimney belching out hearts!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful !
    Like the harts from the chimney !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card there Miss. Love that house.
    As for the Fiskars stamp press...I have had mine for a few years and I LOVE IT! I use mine all the time. So good if you want to use a few stamps at the same time as you can line them up and ink away and make several cards together. I am surprised you did not already have one.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh, this is a lovely CAS card. Go you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely moving home card Di and a great design with the cute little hearts puffing out of the chimney. The red stitched mat sandwiched between the pretty white embossing and the stitched image mat really adds a bit of punch and especially with the red hearts and front door. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this neat little house with the hearts puffing out of the chimney. It's a super card with the lovely embossed background and stitched mats.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Told yer!!! hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. Love the card too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make me laugh with your comment that just when you think there can't be more new stuff there is.... Silly girl! And if there isn't anything new then we'll give something old a new name!! Woo hoo!

    Great card, very sweet. Red and tans and hearts all go together so no wonder you went for the same color scheme. Joe and I opted to not move this year by March 31 so you have a year before making a card for us. *wink*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great card for new home owners!! I love that sentiment too, and especially the "smoke" coming from the chimney! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such an adorable card, Di! I really love that embossing folder, so even though the box is overflowing I may have to add that one--LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this new home card Di, so pretty is your house and I love the hearts coming from the chimney. The embossing is so fun and just finishes off this card perfectly. I too love the Fiskar's stamp press and now I'm in love with the Misti. Both are such fabulous manual tools that have their place in the craft room. Oh and my walls are about to explode too due to all the schtuff in my room! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your new home card is lovely, Di. I love the red hearts coming out of the chimney and the red door reminds me that I'd like one of my own in that colour ... we have a bog standard white that came with the house. UVPC which would never be my choice - wood painted red would! I have the stamp press too - had so long I cant remember where I found it ... a very helpful tool for someone who has been known to drop a stamping block, spoiling a perfectly good piece of card :( An expanding craft room, now that would be useful :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cute little house and the hearts are so sweet. Glad you love your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The tiny hearts are SO sweet..what a cute card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.