My snippets card for this week just had to be an Easter card, made for my step-mum - and they do look as if they could be guarding the entrance to the Playground:
- DL white card stock
- background inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink (Tumbled Glass), a duster brush and my own 'clouds' template - there's more about the process on this post here
- then I die cut grass to go along the bottom from a snippet of Kanban's 'Green Grass' card, using my Marianne Creatables 'Icicle' die. It works really well the wrong way up if you don't have a proper 'grass' punch or die
- the 'twining leaves' were cut from a couple of green snippets using Cheery Lyn's 'Mini Fanciful Flourish' die and then sort of woven in and out of the fence before fixing it to the card. The fence was cut from another Kanban snippet of 'Wooden Fence' card using Cheery Lyn's 'Victorian Picket Fence' die and a piece placed at either side of the card. It's such a shame that Kanban have ceased trading - I do like many of their products
- teeny yellow flowers were added, punched from a snippet of yellow paper with a very small Tonic flower punch, and then some orange Hunkydory gems added to the centres
- the very tactile sheep family came from 'The Range' - so cute, Mr and Mrs Woolly-Jumper and their offspring - oh, and I added little googly eyes to Mr and Mrs - and used the whole set of sheep in one fell swoop
- at that point I put the card to one side, summoning up courage for three whole weeks before stamping onto the sky area. Why will I never learn, I always advocate stamping sentiments etc. before making up a card and I broke me own rools - but in fairness, this card sort of evolved as I went along without any real forward planning
- but hey, I managed to finish the card without any mishaps by stamping the sentiment, from the Penny Black 'Easter March' set and also a little flock of birds using Clarity stamps 'Small birds'. Phew - the relief!
I'm entering this card into two challenges:
It's Use it Tuesday's 'All about Spring Challenge'. I used plenty of snippets/scraps of card and paper as described above, the googly eyes I've had forever and a day, the icicle die has hardly been used - and it was a first outing for the fence die, which (shame on me) I've had for months and months! It's my first time playing along in this challenge, but it won't be the last - a great way to bring out those goodies you haven't used for ages, or even more shamefully in my case, had for ages and never used at all :( Oh dear, I just looked back through this challenge and a winner last week sponged the sky and also used an icicle punch or die for grass - all I can say is that I did mine over three weeks ago, and I guess nothing is really new when it comes to ideas :(
And over at That Craft Place the current challenge is 'Animals' - I reckon that a family of 'Woolly-Jumpers' qualifies nicely :)
Now onto what you've been up to this last week - once again we have loads of lovely snippets makes - and we have three new playmates, Maudieroff, Asha and Sue. Do please go and say 'Hello', that would be so welcoming.
As always, the difficult part is to pick some of the work you've done for 'show and tell'.
Cathy R brought us two cards showing great use of snippets this week, link to the first one and link to the second one - I can't pick just one as they're both great and so clever.
At this point I have to move on, otherwise I'd be here all weekend typing away - so many gorgeous snippets makes - which you can look back over here.
So, it time for the draw for the Stamp Addicts unmounted stamp set (kindly donated by Viv) called 'Playful Girls' - as I said last weekend, absolutely perfect for the Playground :)
And the winner is:
Well done Lynn! Please drop me an email (email@example.com) with your snail mail address and the stamp set will be on its way to you ASAP.
This is really a bit spooky, I just checked back over who'd won over the time we've had regular prizes - and each time it's been someone different. Don't let that stop you from still being in the draw, it's just the way the numbers came out of Mr Random - but it's nice that the chances are being spread so well.
This coming week's prize might appeal to you too - although I do know that some folk already make their own cloudy backgrounds in much the same way as I did on my snippets card for today, I still thought this was a nice prize for Easter:
A set of three Inkylicious dusters (double headed ones at that) - plus the same colour Distress Ink as I use to make clouds, 'Tumbled Glass'. Snigger, I expect you can cut your own template but I'd make some and enclose them if you really were desperate enough to rely on my cutting efforts :) And, of course, think of all the other things you can do with these brushes - not just clouds. Brushing over those snippet 'masks' left after die cutting to name but one use.
The Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 6th April at noon, UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday. But, as usual I am asking for a snippets make please, maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of these brushes and ink pad.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend, stay warm, safe and have a lovely week!