Friday 29 March 2013

A basket of bunnies

......but this is soooooo not my idea. The lovely Vicky popped a basket just like this (without the bunnies in residence though) on her blog the other day and it was too cute not to try out - plus there are fabby and detailed instructions how to do it, link at the end of this post. Here's my take, very similar to Vicky's:
I used:

- SU's 'Crumb Cake' card stock

- SU's 'Square Lattice' embossing folder

- couple of brass coloured brads from my goodies

- SU's 'Pretty Petites' stamp and Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink

- SU's 'Petite Curly Label' punch

- a snippet of brown and white bakers twine

- the basket was stuffed with snipped strips of cream paper to look a bit like straw - to do that I used a pair of multi-bladed scissors, bought really for fast shredding of address labels when I can't be bovvered to switch on the shredder. Your friendly doorstep Kleenezee man will sell them and I've also seen them in Sainsburys in the cookery tools section - sold as herb snippers :)You can see a little bit poking out behind the right hand bunny - the scissors are also great for fringing paper of course

- and the finishing touch, two of the smallest Lindt chocolate bunnies (currently 3 for £1 in Sainsburys)

We have a very sweet young lady living nearby, called Hemma, who often calls with raffle tickets or things like sponsor forms as she does a lot of charity fund raising - modestly and without a fuss, bless her. She lives a very quiet life with her parents and the other evening she trotted up our drive with an Easter egg for us - one of those people who just hasn't got a mean bone in her body. So, these bunnies will be going to Hemma, once the basket is in a cello bag with a bow on top.

Anyhow - there's still time for you to make one or more of these baskets. Vicky's instructions are brilliant, I know that Darnell has also linked to them from her blog - do go and take a peek and I bet you'll be tempted to have a play :)

Thanks Vicky for yet another great idea! Tee, hee - my Stampin' Up order just arrived as I finished writing this ready to schedule - time to do a bit of unpacking and making stuff look as if I've had it forever :)


Di
x

14 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous basket, time to give it a try I think. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Di, you did a magnificent job of CASEing Vicky's sweet basket! And what a thoughtful use for it, for Hemma! It's such a good feeling to give to someone who is always giving to others. Bless you!

    Happy Easter and I hope you and Len enjoy the weekend! Are we on spring break from the Snippets challenge until the 7th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this basket really is wonderful. The bunnies are adorable. Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning basket, I love the bunnys inside,
    hugs and happy Easter
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's service as usual in the Playground over Easter by the way! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Di. I saw the basket tutorial at Vicky's and fancied having a go but didn't get the chance. It looks great Di and those two cheeky bunnies peeking out are very sweet. I don't buy those bunnies as I can't bring myself to eat them, who could bite the heads off, not me? So, to save myself having a hutch of chocolate bunnies that always disappear when the sun shines, I leave them on the shelf for others to have their demise on their conscience ;)

    Please advise how you make your crafting goodies look as if they've been around for a while, I could do with learning this technique!

    Happy Easter dear friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a super basket and a very kind thought, Hemma will love it
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you've CASEd Vicky's Easter basket. Might have to take a trip to the Supermarket now and see if I can nab myself some of those bunnies . . . I have the urge to make a basket or two now!

    HAPPY EASTER

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. "WOW" Di this is amazing and the chocolate too...lol Have a lovely Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY - I've made two bunny baskets as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks fab Di, I would just ignore things like this as I am useless, but maybe I would be better if I tried.
    Hey there are still Angel's about just a pity there are more devils these days. As Aunt Lovell would say,
    We live in the age of smart phones and stupid people.
    Have a great weekend.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. Your little friend will adore it. I like the way you used that folder to create your basket weave. Aren't you the clever one! Enjoy your shopping trip...can't wait to see what you choose! Hugs & Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous basket and how lovely of you to think of Hemma. I'm sure she will love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Easter Di! Your basket is so cute, I checked out Vicky's tutorial too, so vey clever and the instructions are so clear and well explained. TFS :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.