- Craftwork cards 8" x 8" white scalloped card stock
- image is a Penny Black stamp called 'Butterfly suite'. Stamped using Memento 'London Fog' ink, coloured with Pro Markers. Then die cut using Nesties Labels Eight, and I used Mary H's trick of tickling the edges with ink before removing from the die using TH 'Milled Lavender'. A second layer of butterflies were added, after being tickled with 'Iridescent Violet' Twinkling H2Os, popped up on little strips of sticky pad and lavender pearls were added to the hydrangea and white ones to the butterfly bodies
- snippets of SU's 'Wisteria Wonder' card
- patterned paper from the snippets folder
- a strip of white self-adhesive ribbon from Hobbycraft - already had the little diamantes on
- Couture Creations 'Tied Together' embossing folder, a snippet of white card and a lorra white pearls :)
- sentiment is a pre-loved SU stamp, stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Lavender'. punched with SU's 'Decorative Label' and mounted onto another 'Wisteria Wonder' snippet which was punched with the same punch and split in half, trimmed a bit and stuck behind the sentiment
- the very last snippet of lavender silk ribbon to my name, from The Ribbon Girl, tied in a bow and then a little dragonfly charm added using an iridescent cord bow
Of course I then had to wrap the card in tissue paper and make a box for it - to protect it from the vagaries of Royal Mail :(
I'd like to enter this card into the current challenge over at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge for March - the theme is Spring into Spring. Well, I saw a butterfly the other day, buds on the hydrangea in the garden and of course this card is for Mothering Sunday. So, I hope it qualifies despite not having bunnies, chicks etc on.
BTW, the embossing folder I used is now as rare as hen's teeth. They sell on eBay for stupid money and thinking I'd never be able to buy one at those prices I actually bought some pre-embossed packs of 'Tied Together' card, which I was more than happy with. Then, by an absolute fluke, I did manage to obtain a pre-loved folder - stroke of luck there - and great for larger cards 'cos you can move it about and match the repeating pattern easily. A little tip - if you find a Couture Creations embossing folder that you really love, don't just write it on your wish list for a potential future purchase as they regularly revamp their range and discontinue even bestsellers. Totally crazy to my way of thinking :(
Onto last week's lovely snippets makes, loads of inspiration there:
I could go on and on of course, but remember that you can see all of last weeks lovely creations by going to Mr Linky here.
And now for Mr Random number thingy to do his work - and the winner of the funky stamp set, kindly donated by Mrs A is.............................
Well done Mary! Mrs A has already said she'll send the stamp set directly to you - just drop me an email with your address in and I'll forward it onto Mrs A.
Some weeks my own snippets card features the coming week's prize - not every week though so don't be fooled :) As often happens though - when I bought the Penny Black 'Butterfly Suite' stamp I used today, an extra one for the Playground hopped into the basket before I checked out:
Sadly, I know some of you do already have this particular stamp. But even if you don't want to be in the draw it would be great if you still come and play - snippets are the main reason for the Playground, not just prizes.
The Playground is open all of this coming week but it will close on Saturday 16th March at noon, UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday. But, as usual I am asking for a snippets make please, maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of this lovely stamp.
Enjoy today and have a lovely week!