Tuesday, 17 April 2012

With love on your special day

Head down here all day yesterday, working on the wedding invitations - it's a long job but I think there's a little chink of light at the end of the tunnel :) But, just after I finished beavering - in truth as I was getting tired and that's when mistakes happen - I had an urge to do something different and very quickly made this:
It's from a QVC kit bought ages ago - and the lovely 'pointed scallops' edged card came from Irene, who brings such elegant cards into the snippets playground each week. I think my constant drooling over them encouraged Irene to send me some to shut me up - I'm quiet now :)

I used:

- square white scalloped edged card - absolutely love these Irene! My guess is that they might be from The Glitter Pot?

- silver mirri card

- decoupaged wedding image (thankfully I'd already assembled it) by Kanban from the 'Special Moments' collection - along with the backing card, silver edged strip and sentiment. Fabulous to have on standby for quick cards

- pearls from my 'hoard'

I realised, when looking through the images, that quite a few are similar to LOTV ones, almost as if the same artist might have been involved. A couple more might appear on here while the invitations are being finished :)

A Tuesday Tale will follow ASAP.

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. Lovely card Di, that image is gorgeous, in fact off to look for it. Card blanks are craftwork cards and they have just launched a smaller pack size range, perfect for trying the different shapes, not connected just a happy shopper lol. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Di. Love the tiny pearls you have incorporated into the design.

    You certainly sound like a busy lady with your wedding invitations, good luck with getting those finished.

    Looking forward to your Tuesdat tale :)

    Rach xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love that image.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    This is gorgeous .. .. such a cute image. I too thought it was a LOTV one when I first saw it.

    I am pleased you are getting somewhere with the invitations.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Di

    A beautiful card, it's so soft and gentle and perfect for a wedding card. I love the design and fabulous pearls.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very elegant card Di, love the tiny little pearls too. Very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Di this is beautiful! I love the image and such pretty colours, Luv Karen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Di! I love the subtle colours in the card and those scalloped edges are really nice! Love the touch of pearls you have added to them too :)
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di, oh do you think if l drooled over at Irene's she would send me some of these pointed scallops edged card too......lol they are gorgeous! as is your image its beautifully done and l like the inverted curves on the patterned papers and the image and the pearls the whole card is simply beautiful:)x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card though I am still looking at it through moist eyes after your previous posting!
    Love the edged card too! Hint Hint!! Is that loud enough? LOL! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, Di. The colours are delicate and I like that scalloped edge - very nice. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment! Sorry but anonymous comments have had to be blocked due to a spam avalanche. Di x